Firefox users are crooks

Webb

Ads? what are those? is that like those pop-up things that non-firefox users get?man, i haven't seen an ad on the net in years. :pirate:
:rolleyes: I have a difficult time understanding why those who use systems such as linux and browsers such as firefox are so aggressive with their preferences. I use linux on a part of my hard drive, Windows on another. So what? My preference.I use four different browsers, none of them FF, because that browser does not work properly on my configurations. So what? My preference. You will never convince me to try something by insulting me. Why should I listen to these rants and raves? :offtopic:

You will never convince me to try something by insulting me. Why should I listen to these rants and raves? :offtopic:
did i miss something? how did linux and insulting catmoves sneak into my short post about ads not being found anywhere if you use firefox? i'm confused.if i were to insult you, i would've mentioned that even my dumb-as-a-stump dad managed to install firefox all by himself. but i didn't say anything to that regards, did i? :rolleyes: seriously, how can you NOT get firefox working on your 'configuration'? i've easily set it up on win98, win2k, winxp, win2003, vista, linux, heck, even as a stand-alone flash app that doesnt even NEED to be installed, simply runs by itself off a memory stick. just how buggered up is you system that firefox croaks on it? might need a re-format of windows if that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Gosh! Using this guy's logic, I guess I'm a crook for muting TV commercials and going outside for a smoke while they're playing. Maybe we should outlaw the mute button on remote controls, too.

Gosh! Using this guy's logic, I guess I'm a crook for muting TV commercials and going outside for a smoke while they're playing. Maybe we should outlaw the mute button on remote controls, too.
When I installed Deli Linux on my ancient P133 laptop the only browser that worked OK was Firefox. However if I had Flash working, FF would immediately crash upon visiting a Flash-enabled webpage. The only solution was to install the Flashblock extension.I soon discovered I liked being Flash-free so have installed Fashblock on all my other Firefox-equipped machines.And yes I use Adblock Plus as well. So sue me.

V.T. Eric Layton

I use Adblock Plus w/ Filter Set G in FF. Before that, I used to use a little app in Windows to block ads. Heck... I haven't seen an ad, pop-up, or other annoyance on my system in years. ;)

Well, here's another crook. May I welcome myself into crooksland ? :whistling: :hysterical:
LOL then if not getting ads and pop ups means your a crook then count me ... i dont even get google ads as you can see on my Opera + debian operapc3.th.png