OpenOffice.org 1.1 RC

Bruno

Announcement: OpenOffice.org 1.1 RCOpenOffice.org 1.1 RC is ready for general use. It replaces our legacy build, OpenOffice.org 1.0.3.1, which lacks the new features making OpenOffice.org 1.1 revolutionary. OpenOffice.org 1.1 RC not only includes features introduced in 1.1beta, such as export to PDF, SWF, DocBook, and improved on-line Help, but also:# Existing single-user installation update capability# Integrated Bitstream Vera fonts# Built-in proofing tools and hyphenation for many languages# Better Microsoft Office filters
FeaturesDownload ( Linux and Windows versions ):D Bruno

:D Too big for me to download, I'll have to wait until it comes out on a magazine CD!
What a bummer, feel really bad for you, Joy. . . . . . . . is there ever any chance for you to get broadband in the future ?:D Bruno

Thanks, Bruno - it sure covers all the bases. :D Always used either OpenOffice, or AbiWord, in Windows; looks like it will be the same in Linux.

nlinecomputers

Joy,Have you ever tried any of the download tools like Star Downloader for Windows.It will let you download and resume the download later so that you can brake up downloads into chunks. Might take you a week to download something big but a few overnight hours at a time you could do it.

:rolleyes: My biggest problem is that I get a 500MB per month download limit and I find that I can go through that without downloading any programmes.Maybe by next year I might be able to afford broadband but at the moment it's just too expensive.

nlinecomputers

500MB per month?Are there no other ISPs with better rates? I haven't seen a download limit in quite some time unless it is a free account.

linuxdude32
:rolleyes: Too big for me to download, I'll have to wait until it comes out on a magazine CD!
PLUG can burn a copy for you and mail it to you. I don't know what postage is to Australia from here, but I can check for you.