Sign in to follow this  
teacher

How to change IP address without logging in Windows

Temmu

great! sounds like it ended well! (sorry for the very late response!)

teacher

That's ok - better late than never. The main thing is the saga seems to be resolved - for the most part. I can get on most computers now - except for a few hardware problems. I don't think the move was good on all the computers. :hmm:

Temmu

yes, especially if they are older.for the sick ones, unplug them, open the case, remove all the cards and cables one at a time and re-seat everything; even the ram and cpu.that will fix a good percent of them.

rbdietz
yes, especially if they are older.for the sick ones, unplug them, open the case, remove all the cards and cables one at a time and re-seat everything; even the ram and cpu.that will fix a good percent of them.
I agree, re-seat everything you possibly can.If that doesn't fix it, you can also try cleaning the brass/gold fingers on the ram sticks using a Pink Perl eraser. Just be sure to wipe away any eraser crumbs before re-seating the ram.

Temmu

that's a great tip, rbdietz. we had some problamatic portable phones - the mfg advised the same thing to clean the battery contacts. fixed 'em right up!

teacher

Nice advice guys. However, I don't think I can reseat the motherboard. In every case it is something that is built into the motherboard! The joys of built in components. :thumbsup: