Your regular backup routine

epp_b

rheck,Impressive setup! In most cases, backups are mainly needed for things locally, but you even had it covered with offsite backups for things you can't be without even if the unthinkable happens.The only thing I would maybe consider and you did cover it in your thinking -- but maybe putting an extra set of your latest partition disks in the safe deposit box as well?Even if you only do that after major changes on the system such as OS service packs. Might make the worst that could happen a little less painful IF it were to happen especially if it were ever to happen before Vista comes out.But then, crystal balls are hard to come by. B) Very nice setup though, very nice.Thanks for the clarification!And yes, those two problems are basically the same if you actually have the unthinkable happen. And as I mentioned in the previous posting ... those crystal balls are hard to come by.
Before I retired, I worked for SBC (now AT&T) as a Data Center Manager. At our Data Center (one of many), we had mainframe computers, Mid-range Unix systems and a lot of Windows servers. Backups were mostly done over a Storage Area Network (SAN) to huge tape libraries. Some of the systems still had smaller DLT libraries. Hundreds of tapes were created every day and sent off site. The off site location was, you guessed it, Iron Mountain.