Remove flood control from search!

zlim

I tried to search and made the mistake of picking the wrong section of the board to search on. I corrected it and switched to just the ATL section but of course I get flood control is on. Is it really necessary to have the search function under flood control? Please if it is possible, remove the search function of the forum from the flood control code. I can see it is desired under posting but searching seems pretty far removed from something like searching too much in 15 seconds.

Then why am I seeing this when I don't wait long enough to perform a 2nd search?http://mercury.walagata.com/w/perk/searcherror.jpgTry it and you'll see what I mean.You'll notice that it specifically states Search Flood Control.EDIT: to keep from breaking the page when viewing the overly wide image. --Bambi

Edited by LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

There is a universal flood control of 30 seconds between posts. That's all I saw in the Admin CP.I will have to look again, but there wasn't anything under the Search controls regarding Flooding. Maybe it's somewhere else.Thanks zlim.

Guest LilBambi

I changed that universal flood control to 45 seconds. We'll see if that helps any.Still can't find anything else to change that would help.Let me know if it helps any.Thanks.

I changed that universal flood control to 45 seconds. We'll see if that helps any.Still can't find anything else to change that would help.Let me know if it helps any.Thanks.
Isn't going to 45 seconds the wrong direction? I noticed I got several today.

Guest LilBambi

Actually, I intentionally went too far the other way...cuz I wanted to be sure it was in fact the flood setting we needed.And I didn't want to say that until I got some feedback to confirm it.Sounds like a resounding yes.Changed it to 1/2 what it was before. It is now 15 seconds.And I do not think it would be wise to move any further. So I hope that's far enough.

Fran, if non-registered people can post, that will be a major problem. I don't wish to jeopardize the board and making cleanup harder for the admins/mods here because you get innundated with useless posts.I can live with the setting the way it was. I was hoping that search would not be under the flood control blanket.