This connection has limited or no connectivity

zillah

NoMight be this.But with both of them (Wired and Wireless) and on the same time,,,this is what I doubt.May be at work or at home.But with both of them and on the same time,,,this what I doubt also.I will try this and let you know,,,,by the way, I have reinstalled the drivers for both NICs.
This may be your problem. Open the network connectios and try disabling one connection and then restarting. Having both on at the same time can cause trouble. Also, try setting a static IP address. If this works, you know the problem is with DHCP.

Guest LilBambi

lewmur is right .. that is asking for trouble.Definitely use one or the other (wired OR wireless).. not both....causes trouble.It's not like mice where you can have two of them and they both work (like on a laptop).It's not nice to confuse your TCP/IP. :flowers:

I have both my connections open all the time. Both WiFi which does DHCP with my router and Wired with a static IP. I have never had issues with either. To take it a few steps further, I have multiple private IP(10.0.0.1, and 192.168.1.1) ranges bound to the wired connection.

I tested your theory...The first screen shot is Wired (Realtek RTL8139) disconnected and Wireless (Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN) set to DHCP.wired-disconnected.jpgNext we plug in the wired connection with a static IP.wired-static-wireless-dhcp.jpgEverything works so we try DHCP for both Wired and Wireless.wired-wireless-both-dhcp.jpgI have seen no problems with this setup...

Guest LilBambi

I never said it wouldn't work. Of course it works...but it is often not sustainable.Trying it is not living with it. It will get confused over time and once it does, it is hard to get back from that without disabling one or the other when both are connected.It is some weird MS TCP/IP thing that happens sometimes and sometimes not. But to trouble shoot the problem once you've experienced it, disabling one or the other is the best way to do do that.

Marsden's correct here. You can have multiple NICs getting a DHCP IP address. I do that quite often. There's no problems going out to the Internet. XP or any OS will use whichever network path is free at the moment.

Guest LilBambi

I know it works! I've done it too....that is not the issue.The issue is ONCE you experience problems with your connection (low connectivity on all your NICs like this)....then you may have to do something somewhat drastic in order to find the real culprit (whether that means removing all network devices and reinstalling them, fixing TCP/IP issues, or whatever it takes to get it to work even with one NIC reliably.)

This may be your problem. Open the network connectios and try disabling one connection and then restarting. Having both on at the same time can cause trouble
What I meant by both at them same time, sorry i did not explain it very well, I did not mean both of them were working simultaneously, I used to disable one and enable the other.
Also, try setting a static IP address.
I have already done this, and it worked.
If this works, you know the problem is with DHCP.
1- We are 50 users all of us have the same model of laptop,,,,if the problwm with DHCP , do you think it will be only with me ?2- Let us say the problem with DHCP at work,,,,,,can you imagine the same probelm will happen at home concurrently ?
Boot from a 2003 CD and select <ENTER> then <F8> then <R>
The problem as Marsden11 was expecting, I followed his advice and now at home it is working fine, and I will try it at work and I see (It should be fine as well). Edited by zillah

Guest LilBambi

Of course an in place repair of the OS would work ... it fixes the networking TCP/IP settings on the computer :D Shame they don't have a WinsockFix for Windows2003 ... would have been simpler than an in place repair.... B)