Samsung 213T TFT still best option?

Cams

Okay, so my 18.1" Taxan monitor is on its way out and it's time for a new flatpanel. Some time back, Scott raved about the Samsung SyncMaster 213T and, given the cost now compared to then, it's even more value.I looked around my local hypermarket yesterday and saw some Sony screens with a seemingly shiny surface. A quick bit of research reveals that this is X-Black, dual-lamp technology. Is this technology so much better than the non-shiny screens? I don't game so response time is not really a big factor in my choice of monitor. Crisp text and real estate is what I'm after, so the 213T seems a good option at this time. They can be had for just short of 900 euro at a place in Germany and my current monitor is so bad that I'm itching to place my order. I just thought I'd ask about whether there is another obvious choice that I'm overlooking and whether I ought to consider the new X-Black technology.CheersCams

The shiny-ness of the screen indicates that the ani-glare filter (that is found on most other screens) was not installed. Manufacturors are calling this a "feature" but I call it a headache. You will have serious glare problems with a monitor like that.

I'm just about to place an order for the 213T. Any last minute suggestions to a better screen for the same money?Cams

I just got one of these from Newegg and it is fabulous! I replaced a 21 inch crt and this is much, much better. Please note I am not a gamer and the response is not a factor with me. Once I utilized ClearType it was great for all my surfing.