Star Wars question

DarkSerge

So I had a thought about Star Wars.In 'A New Hope' Obi-Wan seems to not know R2-D2 or C3PO and seems like it's the first time he's ever seen them. But, through the prequels, he's encountered them before. So, what's up with that?Maybe there's something I'm missing. I like the movies, but I'm far from any kind of major following fan.

Hmmm...I don't recall him "not remembering" the droids. Although, don't recall him "remembering" them either. Hey! An excuse to watch it again!!! :whistling: :PPerhaps he's hiding it from Luke that he knows them (probably for some reason related to Luke's father). Or maybe the line where he says "I'm getting to old for this sort of thing" implies that he is going senile :'(

He says "I don't remember owning any droids" (or pretty close to that). And since they don't remember him either they must've been wiped. Spoiler below;At the end of eppisode three Wedge says to wipe 3po's memory. But he doesn't mention r2. Huge error on Lucas' part if you think about it.Of course you think a Jedi Master would be able to tell they were the same droids (even with different memories one would think they "feel" the same. **** they looked exactly the same so maybe that should've been enough for him to recognize them. And while there are thousands of r2 units in the galaxy how many travel with a protocol droid designed and built by the future Dark Lord of the Sith?