Wireless>Slackware 10.1>WEP

mike180

Ndiswrapper is such a great tool. After trying 3 different INF files the 4th one worked( pulled from the install CD). BYW; this is the Wal-Mart special Blitzz Netwave Wi-Fi PCI card 802.11b wireless LAN Product.The only problem is it won't start a boot. So, I use the commands: iwpriv wlan0 ndis_reset iwconfig wlan0 essid XXXXXXX iwconfig wlan0 key open XXXXXXXXXX dhcpcd wlan0after Login and password and su and password. I need this to run at boot but don't know where to put it or how to do it?ph34r: mike180Slack 10.1 is a great distro but need to edit something to get scroll wheel working.P.S. I forgot but WEP is working in 64 bit mode!

Edited by mike180

I am glad it's working for you.I have Averatec laptop with Broadcom, unsupported chip.Ndiwswrapper works great.My WEP is 128 bit and no problem there.

To get your scroll wheel working....From Bruno...Wheelmouse in Slackware(This works also on other distros, but the location of your xorg.conf file might be different ! Do a ¨locate xorg¨ to find out where to find it.)Do not start X stay in text mode.Login as root ( not typing ¨su¨, but ¨root¨ )First back up the old xorg.conf file for as things go really wrong:( NOTE: In Slackware versions before 10 the file is /etc/X11/XF86Config !! )CODE# cd /etc/X11/# cp xorg.conf xorg.confOLDThen:# vi xorg.confFind the mouse pointer section, and change/add :QUOTEOption "Protocol" "IMPS/2" ( add IM )Option "Device" "/dev/psaux" ( # /dev/mouse, uncomment /dev/psaux )Option "Resolution" "300" ( add full line )Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" ( add full line )Option "Buttons" "3" (add full line )Note: Space between the "4" and the "5" !Save the file: ¨Esc¨ and ¨ZZ¨exit ( to logout as root )Login as normal userCODE$ startxNow your mouse scroll wheel should be functional!

Thank You, Andymcr.The xorg.conf is a little daunting when compared to th XF86Config-4. Finding the correct sections for entering changes was my biggest problem. I had edited xorg.conf more than once with no effect.But my scroll wheel now works.Much appreciation.mike180