Blocking Ads with Firefox

-ct-

a search of the forum for "block ads firefox" came up with nothing..a search of google came up with some extensions, but nothing that will allow the same functionality as www.ad-shield.com 's plugin for IE doesIE rightclick context menu:rcm1ex.jpgcan't do that in FF, you have to go through multiple menus whereas in IE you rightclick the ad or link or whatever or just click the AD button on the tool bar which brings up this menu, like so:as6ky.jpgi haven't found anything so far that ad shield doesn't block when i've told it to(fyi, this was a SS taken on a 12" screen, the list in the above pic is much larger on more than 800x600 screens)

Take a look at Adblock. It's a different kind of program than Adshield but does what you're looking for and more. It's one of the most popular FF extensions and probably the closest thing to Adshield you can get for FF. You can find it here: AdblockThey have a dedicated forum here: Adblock Forum

ok, that seems to workclose to the same, but slightly offmaybe a default list of places to be blocked is available, it's late so i'm not looking- known about hosts file for a long time, it's never been easy to edit on the fly though B)

Take a look at Adblock. It's a different kind of program than Adshield but does what you're looking for and more. It's one of the most popular FF extensions and probably the closest thing to Adshield you can get for FF. You can find it here:  AdblockThey have a dedicated forum here: Adblock Forum
I use this and have found it to be very effective. If any body want's a AdBlock Filters list send me a message... B)

I use this and have found it to be very effective. If any body want's a AdBlock Filters list send me a message... :thumbsup:
or just attach the file to a post here and we can get it at any time ;) :)

maybe a default list of places to be blocked is available, it's late so i'm not looking
There are many blocklists out there for Adblock - some are better than others, some are better suited for an individual's particular needs than others etc.You might try looking at the Adblock Project Forum referenced in my post above, read some of the sticky threads at the top and read through some of the posts. There you will find loads of info about blocklists, where to get them, opinions, links and where to find basic info about Regular Expressions which is the language Adblock uses for its blocking ability.