Mozilla Firefox 32.0 Released with Security Updates

Corrine

Mozilla sent Firefox Version 32.0 to the release channel. The update includes three (3) Critical, one (1) High and one (1) Moderate security updates.

Finally fixed is the text rendering issue that was introduced with version 29.1. Information about the addition of Public Key Pining is available in this Mozilla post, Firefox 32 supports Public Key Pinning.

Mozilla Firefox Release Notes

Security Updates

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update to version 32.0.1 was released to fix several issues:

Fixed -- 32.0.1 - Stability issues for computers with multiple graphics cards

Fixed -- 32.0.1 - Mixed content icon may be incorrectly displayed instead of lock icon for SSL sites

Fixed -- 32.0.1 - WebRTC: setRemoteDescription() silently fails if no success callback is specified

Release Notes

V.T. Eric Layton

I was doing some virus and malware zapping in my cousin's totally trashed Win 7 laptop earlier this evening. After removing 157 infections and deleting three separate proxy setups initiated by malware apps, I got the system back to normal and usable again.

I opened his Firefox to download CCleaner and WOW! Firefox 32 is installed on his system. It looks IDENTICAL to Chromium/Chrome? WOW! So, FF is copying Chrome's interface these days, huh? I wonder if FF 32 is also as lean and mean as Chromium/Chrome is. I'd have to compile from source to install FF 32 on Slackware, but it might be worth it just to play around with it and compare to Chromium/Chrome.

:)