ross549, on 17 April 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:
There were 7 trojans found by AVG. I was able to clean out the files, and a subsequent scan revealed they were gone.
I highly doubt the machine is suffering from any kind of infection any more. The error messages from Event Viewer really point to the ntoskernel, not anything else.
I am really thinking it is a driver/hardware issue.
I'd be happy to review logs if you wish. Otherwise, the #1 place to get help with BSOD's/driver issues is Sysnative Forums
. It is a new forum I've been helping set up the last couple of months. The other sites that provide help with these issues use the information and tools collected/created by the founders of Sysnative.com.
If you wish to confirm your computer is clean, please do the following:
Please download DDS.scr
by sUBs and save it to your desktop: Link
- Double-Click dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after two logs will appear, DDS.txt and Attach.txt.
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs.
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Copy the contents of both DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs and post in your next reply.
To get help with the BSOD/driver issue, follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista
: The jcgriff2 referenced in "jcgriff2 BSOD File Collection app
" is the same jcgriff2 who is a member here.