Critical Security Updates -- Adobe & Java

Corrine

I meant to post about the Adobe Flash & Shockwave Player updates from the last couple days as well as the Java update. Time can be an enemy at times -- just not enough of it. If you haven't updated or are interested in details, feel free to check my blog posts. Otherwise, head to the Adobe & Oracle Java websites and get the latest updates!

Critical Updates to Adobe Flash and Shockwave Players

Oracle Java SE Critical Security Update

I know what versions of flash plugins (IE and non-IE) but how do I tell if I have shockwave player installed?

I found my notes that I did remove it from most computers but I still want to check on it and update my notes.

I found the check page http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Now to test on all computers in both browsers!

I removed Java from all but one computer and that has made patching easier.

Edited by zlim

I installed the flash plugins for IE and non-IE browsers fine in Win XP and 7 but my 2K box is shooting up the following error:

The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

so those two computers will remain at the older version.

I even downloaded from Adobe's site and got the same error when I tried to install.

I did google the error but came up with something mentioning C# and my eyes glazed over!

Since I rarely fire up my 2K computer, I'm not real concerned about an outdated flash plugin.

I meant to post about the Adobe Flash & Shockwave Player updates from the last couple days as well as the Java update. Time can be an enemy at times -- just not enough of it. If you haven't updated or are interested in details, feel free to check my blog posts. Otherwise, head to the Adobe & Oracle Java websites and get the latest updates!

Critical Updates to Adobe Flash and Shockwave Players

Oracle Java SE Critical Security Update

I had to update Flash a couple of days ago for the people I support at work. I noticed that Adobe has removed the link for the full standalone versions of Flash 64-bit. Only the 32-bit version (Internet Explorer) remains. Even after searching for the 64-bit versions - nothing turned up.

Edited by Tushman

Go here http://stevemooradian.com/web-development-...ersion-detector

make sure javascript is not blocked with noscript and click the Live Demo link. It shows you the flash version installed.

I prefer using this page on Adobe instead. I normally don't rely on another vendor or another website to give me that info.

Edited by Tushman

Guest LilBambi

Flash Player | 64-bit operating systems

Note: When you download Flash Player installer using 64-bit Internet Explorer, you download the 64-bit Flash Player installer. It installs Flash Player on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer if both are present.

Smart move. Wish Java would do the same.

Of course you need to go to Firefox, Opera, or Safari to get the non-IE version too.

I had to update Flash a couple of days ago for the people I support at work. I noticed that Adobe has removed the link for the full standalone versions of Flash 64-bit. Only the 32-bit version (Internet Explorer) remains. Even after searching for the 64-bit versions - nothing turned up.

Tushman, you can find the 64bit version of flash here.

Tushman, you can find the 64bit version of flash here.

It's funny how I could not find that before - I tried 2 different search engines and notta. Thanks for the link Mac! :thumbsup:

Edited by Tushman

the more i know about adobe reader and flash, the less i like them.

adobe is cumbersome.

I got sick of Adobe Reader several years ago and switched to the open source Sumatra PDF. No add-ons, not a target like Adobe. Free PDF Reader - Sumatra PDF

There are a number of open source readers available from http://pdfreaders.org/. Nitro Reader is another I heard is good.

Guest LilBambi
I got sick of Adobe Reader several years ago and switched to the open source Sumatra PDF. No add-ons, not a target like Adobe. Free PDF Reader - Sumatra PDF

There are a number of open source readers available from http://pdfreaders.org/. Nitro Reader is another I heard is good.

I can't thank you enough for letting me know about Sumatra PDF! Great, lightweight PDF reader. Does that one thing great!