12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Apple says company co-founder Steve Jobs has died

Apple says the company's co-founder Steve Jobs has died. He was 56. In a brief statement the company said Jobs died Wednesday. He had been battling pancreatic cancer.

Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#2 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Statement by Apple’s Board of Directors:

We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.

Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Here's my blog posting about it.Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. 56 years old. Such a waste.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#4 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Very nicely done, LilBambi.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

View PostCorrine, on Oct 5 2011, 08:59 PM, said:

Very nicely done, LilBambi.
Thanks Corrine...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#6 OFFLINE   Tushman

Tushman

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

View PostCorrine, on Oct 5 2011, 06:51 PM, said:

Our local news station did a short story on him tonight.  I didn't know he was only 20 years old when he started Apple with Steve Wozniak.  He accomplished more during those 36 years than most people do in a lifetime.  Well done Steve... well done.

Edited by Tushman, 05 October 2011 - 10:22 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 18,743 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

R.I.P. Steve Jobs. ;)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

RIP Steve. Your AppleII+ got me started on my PC adventure.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#9 OFFLINE   RichardKR

RichardKR

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

R.I.P. Steve, you will be missed.This is especially sad for me as I'm now old enough to see all the big names from the early years of computing starting to go.  But Steve was still young and that makes it worse.  I see pictures of all the vibrant young people from the 60's, 70's, and 80's now looking so much older and in some cases frail.  It's kind of like a piece of yourself dies with each passing.  My Computer self, Science Fiction self, Navy self, Doo Wop self, and a few other "selfs" are each dying a little bit at a time.

#10 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Wil Wheaton- https://plus.google....sts/575Yc7JvixqGizmodo- http://gizmodo.com/5...e-this-on-a-macSome good thoughts.......:)My thoughts most closely resemble Wil Wheaton's, though I am certain I could not be as eloquent.Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yes, Wil Wheaton definitely more closely resembled my thought as well.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,767 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

steve embodied "innovation," a word bandied about by every sluggish, dullard company on the planet.i sadly predict apple will become non-innovative in 4 or 5 years, falling into the gray sludge that is the rest of the corporate world.because of men like steve, personal computing was exciting!his loss brought a sad day indeed.

Edited by Temmu, 17 October 2011 - 04:20 AM.

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Acadia

Acadia

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Temmu @ Oct 17 2011, 04:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
steve embodied "innovation," a word bandied about by every sluggish, dullard company on the planet.
i sadly predict apple will become non-innovative in 4 or 5 years, falling into the gray sludge that is the rest of the corporate world.

because of men like steve, personal computing was exciting!

his loss brought a sad day indeed.

This hurts.  Hopefully Apple shall carry on as always.  Steve was the Einstein of the computer world.

Acadia
The blazing evidence of immortality is our dissatisfaction with any other solution. -- Emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users