2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

new Lion scrollThis issue actually goes way,way back in pc history. When I was in college one of the biggest controversies at the time waswhat to do when the ANSI codes for going up or down were encountered - should the screen move or the text move?
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#2 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

I remember that!  Isn't the Scroll Lock button the solution upon which everyone agreed?  I'll bet most folks these days have never hit that button even once, except by accident.  :hysterical: It sure was a hot-button issue in its day though, wasn't it?
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816
  Registered Linux User: 526339 , Check out The Bodhi Guide To Enlightenment

#3 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

lol!  last time i used scroll-lock was with lotus 123.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users