Save files with mht extension problem

zillah

I saved all my files with extension mht (Single file Web page), now I am trying to access these files but I am getting error message when I open them,,,,why?This is the error message:The page cannot be displayedThe page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.________________________________________Please try the following:• Open the res://C:\WINNT\system32\shdoclc.dll/syntax.htm#mhtml:file:// home page, and then look for links to the information you want.• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer Search button to look for similar sites. Internet Explorer This is the address that I am getting in the title bar:mhtml:file://D:\CD_2\US%20sinks%20UN%20resolution%20on%20Yassin \US%20sinks%20UN%20resolution%20on%20Yassin.mhtI saved heaps of my important data as mht,,now I can not access them!!!

Guest Paracelsus

It looks like MTL is a type of HTML file. I'm not familiar with that error message... but it may be that either the files have been corrupted... or there is no program associated with that extension for viewing them.Have you tried launching IE and then File>Open File, and browsing to the location of the file you want to view? That get the file to appear if it's intact.Or you could try the same procedure used for changing the Icon of HTML files, and make certain that their is an app associated with .MTL. If you File Types list doesn't contain .MTL, you will need to Create it, and then choose an associated program.HTH!

What program were you using to save with an mht extension?
There is no program, it normal saving instead of saving as html, drop down menu of saving and choose mht.By the way I tried the web site that you gave, it did not help me.Thanks again

There is no program, it normal saving instead of saving as html, drop down menu of saving and choose mht.
What browser were you using when you choose to save the page as an *.mht file?That browser is the program you used to save the file. Was the browser Internet Explorer?

How about this from Microsoft Tech support? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;221877It talks about issues with mht files & active desktop.I searched the MS site for mht & here is the list: http://search.support.microsoft.com/search...ult.aspx?qu=mhtMaybe there is another topic in this list that might help out.

Edited by siebkens

I discovered thanks to someone on another forum that was opening mht files and getting strange characters instead of the web pages that it is necessary to have Outlook Express installed on the computer. Have you kept OE up to date, even if you never use it?

Thanks zlimThe message that I received when I opene Outlook Express is this:"Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x80041542) "Is there any help who to solve this issue?

Thanks zlimThe message that I received when I opene Outlook Express is this:"Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x80041542) "Is there any help who to solve this issue?

Edited by zillah

Thanks zlimI forgot to tell you The message that I received when I opene Outlook Express is this:"Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x80041542) "and When I press Ok another message pops up:"Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly".and when I press OK it will disappear

Edited by zillah

Thanks teachear

Right click on it and look at the properties if you can
I can use properties, but still it does not help me to find version.Thanks zlim I will let you know

Thanks teachear

Right click on it and look at the properties if you can
I can use properties, but still it does not help me to find version.Thanks zlim I reinstalled outlook express again, and nowwwwwwwwwww I can see all mht files with out any problem.By the way zlim, the web site has been passed by someone,,has been mentioned by siebkens.Thanks for all of you Edited by zillah

I can use properties, but still it does not help me to find version.
You want the properties of the actual executable file - MSIMN.EXE - not just the shortcut to it. Try looking in "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE"

Thanks rbdietz, yes you are right,,it is version 6.0.---By the way, why do not I get email notification when someone reply to the thread.

Edited by zillah