PLF / Easy Urpmi / Mandriva mirror mess

Bruno

Scot's Newsletter Forums does not encourage or condone violating any law regarding copyright or DRM/DMCA (U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act) in the USA, or similar laws that may exist in other countries. Some of the software mentioned in this thread may be illegal to use in your location. Copying certain CDs/DVDs may also be illegal in your location. Even if you may believe these laws to be unconstitutional, unethical, silly, and a violation of consumer fair use rights, please check the laws for your location before following the advice in this thread. . . . . . -- Forum Admins & Moderators
Just a warning:The mirrors of PLF . . and Mandriva 2007 ( packages + updates, not the ISOs ) . . and the easyurpmi site are down ( in a mess )Here is from zarb:
We've lost both ldap and ssh server on zarb.org, preventing anyone tolog in. We've prefered to shut it down, to avoid losing mails. We arewaiting for the hosting support team for a physical intervention.
The Mandriva 2007 directory had a bad sync . . they are reloading but it could take a good few hours. :(Please be patient . . . they are fixing the issues as fast as they can.B) Bruno

Just a heads up:Looks like the Mandriva mirrors are getting back in shape . . . and so is PLFOnly for PLF the URL changed . . . it used to be build up like:

ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/2007.0/i586

and now it is

ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/free/release/binary/i586

So for as long as that stands adding the sources for PLF will be done with these commands:

# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz

# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/non-free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz

:huh: BrunoPS: Also http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ is back up running . . . but they do not include the PLF sources yet :rolleyes:

Just a heads up:Looks like the Mandriva mirrors are getting back in shape . . . and so is PLF
:huh: B) Bruno when you doing a backup cd do you also include the plf?? :o i just have the updates on the updates cd.... errrr actually i dont even know what plf is :rolleyes:

they do the "non-free" packages like libdvdcss2, win32-codecs, dkms-nvidia-drivers . .etc. etc.B) Bruno
ohhhh ok Bruno i get understand now ( non-free packages :huh: ) i thought that they were part of the actually updates thought i had missed something :rolleyes:

Just a heads up:Looks like the Mandriva mirrors are getting back in shape . . . and so is PLF<snip>
Anyone having any luck with plf yet?All the miirrors I have tried, I keep getting errors with the hdlist and a md5sum mismatch.Cheers Edited by alphaomega

Hi OmegaThey changed the place of the 2007 folder in the PLF mirrors . . here is the new code

# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/non-free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz

B) Bruno

Hi OmegaThey changed the place of the 2007 folder in the PLF mirrors . . here is the new code
# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/2007.0/non-free/release/binary/i586 with hdlist.cz

:) Bruno

Yep, I noticed the change...and those are the folders I am using...but I am still getting an md5sum mismatch...even if I manually downloadthe files in question and check the md5sum...they do not always matchthe md5sum listed in the md5sum file on the mirror...CheersP.S. Just checked this mirror...and I get an md5sum mismatch on synthesis.hdlist.cz for free and non-free and now i'm also getting it withthe mandriva 2007 official updates hdlist.cz but not with synthesis.hdlist.czP.S.S. boo hoo hoo...so much for all the trouble I went through...I changed my sources to either hdlist.cz or synthesis.hdlist.czdepending on which one had a correct md5sum...and all I get is..."all the packages are already installed"...so...so much my fussing...LOL B) Cheers Edited by alphaomega