New GIMP Isn't Showing Up

SonicDragon

SonicDragon

I updated slackware-current tonight using swaret and the list showed the gimp 2.0 final. So it ran installed etc etc everything normally, but the new gimp doesn't seem to be here <_< Both links in the menu open up GIMP pre4. I ran swaret again and the dropline updater to see if swaret didn't install it or something and they both said that my system was up to date. :hmm: Where did it go? :o Thanks everyone

Hi SonicAre you sure your swaret.conf is still set to current . . . and are you using the nluug mirror ?? Because I am in Slack right now and Help --> About shows "Gimp 2.0.0" . . . . . ( By the way . . a very cool splash )Maybe uninstall ( remove ) The Gimp and download/install it again, only using swaret ? ( I don't use dropline, maybe that one "downgraded" it to pre-4 ? <_< Bruno

SonicDragon

ut oh. i tried that and now gimp doesn't open at all >_<

$ gimpgimp: relocation error: gimp: undefined symbol: gdk_threads_lock

SonicDragon

If i type gimp and hit tab, it shows all the gimp commands, one of which is the one that u just gave me, and the other relating to 2.0 being 'gimp-2.0'.However, both give me the same error. How strange :)

SonicDragon

I tried uninstalling gimp via swaret and then via installpkg and removed it totally... (i think :) ). However, if i reinstall the new gimp with swaret, i still get the same error.

Sonic I am not sure this would cause your problem but did you purge the /var/swaret folder from what I have read uninstalling package wouldn't remove it from that folder the next time you try to install swaret might just be using the same bad pkg it finds in /var/swaret instead of redownloading.Check the /var/swaret folder to see if it refers to the gimp package and delete it and then try reinstalling.Just my thoughts.Hope you find a solution. :)

SonicDragon

I deleted the gimp-2.0 package from /var/swaret, ran 'swaret --remove gimp' again and then reinstalled the new gimp 2.0 package. I then ran 'swaret --dep' and am still getting the same error.This is truely strange!

SonicCheck your /var/swaret also after "swaret --remove gimp" . . . .and clear out: /var/log/removed_packages and /var/log/removed_scripts.Then try again . . . :blink: Bruno

YES !! Hurray !! Congrats Sonic !! . . . . Finally the Gimp 2.0 ! . . . . YES !!( funny about the splash is that PCLOs has 2.0 too . . but the splash is different . . the one in Slack is nicer :blink: )B) Bruno