NEW UPDATES PCLos 5 + 6 !!

Bruno

"That is the goal is a continual update path for PCLinuxOS. Install once and update often as new programs become available. I just hate having people do a clean install everytime a new release comes out."
For you who are running PClos . . there are new updates available through synaptic:ifplugdinitscriptsnmapnmap-frontendputtyAnd Mozilla Firebird will be replaced with Firefox . . !! ( change your desktop shortcut from /usr/bin/mozilla-firebird to /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox ;) )B) Bruno

Good, I am glad Firefox is finally updated.Now I can trash my "temp" Firefox and use Texstar's :)Thanks Bruno for the update.I can't wait for 2.6 kernel.

New update for Mozilla Firefox available:Old package Mozilla Firefox 0.8-7.3 -----> New Package Mozilla Firefox 0.8.-7.4:DB) Bruno

"That is the goal is a continual update path for PCLinuxOS. Install once and update often as new programs become available. I just hate having people do a clean install everytime a new release comes out."

New update PCLos: squashfs-tools ;) Bruno

I just found a ton of upgradesin PC Los. I don't know if they have been out for a while or not but it is time to go upgrade. I have 64 files upgrading right now. It looks like Texstar has been quite busy! :)Julia :rolleyes:

Yeah, he finally released Thunderbird in Synaptic repository as well as bunch of other stuff.When I asked about couple of apps he said that it is gonna take a while but he is going to package as much as possible apps for repository.I am still missing couple of my favorites but I am patient :)

Hi Rons . . . I don't know, but this quote is from a recent publication on DistroWatch:

:) Bruno

Another WARNING: 1). After updating, because there are many KDE updates the roboot hangs because it has a problem "shutting down the display manager" . . . . the thing to do is: Press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace as often till you get a prompt on a black screen, login as "root" ( not "su" ) and type "reboot" . . . . the next time you reboot or shut down there will be no problem, it is just this one time ! 2). There is an update for the login manager as well, so if you tweaked that before you will have to do it again :) 3). The KDE Control Center is empty . . . . but you can still reach the same settings in the Menu under "Configuration" --> "KDE" ( expecting new updates soon to set this straight :) ) 4). If yopur screensaver was turned "off" before the update . . . it is "on" after the update on a black screen . . . so turn it "off" again if that is the way you like it. 5). The minimum font has to be set again in the Konqueror web browser. 6). Your personal settings ( background and font ) for the Console/Konsole have to be set again. That was all I could find :) ALSO SEE: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...=ST&f=14&t=6006:D Bruno

New updates PCLos:K3bkcube kdebasekdebase-kdmkdebase-nspluginskdegraphicskdelibskdelibs-commonkdemoreartwork-thinkeramikkdemultimediakdenetwork( Because there is a new kdebase you will have to redo a few tweaks you did to KDE o:) ):D Bruno

Again new update :thumbsup: . . . . qt3-common 3.3.1-2libqt3 3.3.1-2libqt3-devel 3.3.1-2B) Bruno

Yep . . . . time to wake up and upgrade:gaim 1:0.75-2 libqt 3 3.3.1-3 libqt-devel 3 3.3.1-3 libsane1 1.0.13-6 libsane1-devel 1.0.13-6 mozilla-firefox 0.0.8-7.6 qt3-common 3.3.1-3 sane-backends 1.0.13-6 saned 1.0.13-6 sane-fontends 1.0.11-1 xsane 0.92-1 xsane-gimp 0.92-1B) Bruno

Here are a few new updates again . . . ( KDE 3.2 to KDE 3.2.1 :unsure: )arts dynamic kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeartwork kdeartwork-kde-classic kdebase kdebase-kdm kdebase-nsplugins kdeedu kdegames kdegraphics kdelibs kdelibs-common kdemultimedia kdenetwork kdepim kdesdk kdeutils libarts libarts-devel libqt3 libqt3-devel qt3-common quantaBecause this is an update from KDE 3.2 to 3.2.1 you will have to shutdown after updating and boot up again ( no reboot ) :P Bruno

New updates again . . . :blink: kdebase-servicemenu kdemoreartwork-thinkeramik mandrake-menu-directory menu :) Bruno

To keep you on your toes . . . .New updates PCLos . . . . : fp-linux-ws F-Prot Antivirus for Linux Workstations knetworkconf A KDE application to configure TCP/IP settings. mandrake-menu-directory Directory for MDK menuB) Bruno

A few new ones . . . . just keep upgrading my friends . . . kdeedu K Desktop Environment - Toys and Amusements mandrake-menu-directory Directory for MDK menu menu Menu system xchat Graphical IRC client xchat-perl XChat Perl plugin xchat-python XChat Python plugin xchat-tcl XChat TCL pluginB) Bruno

Stay on top . . be up to date . . cutting edge . . . kdebase K Desktop Environment - Core files kdebase-kdm kdm for kdebase kdebase-nsplugins Netscape Plugins for kdebase kdenetwork K Desktop Environment - Network Applications koffice Set of office applications for KDE :sorcerer: Bruno

New daily updates PCLos: cdrdao Cdrdao - Write audio CD-Rs in disk-at-once mode cdrecord A command line CD/DVD-Recorder evolution ( 1.4.6 :) )Integrated GNOME mail client, calendar and address book. evolution-pilot Evolution conduits for gnome-pilot gal2.0 Library for compound documents in GNOME2 gtkhtml3.0 GtkHTML is a HTML rendering/editing library. kdebase-servicemenu Service Menu for kdebase. kshowmail Show and delete mail on pop3 servers libsane1 SANE - local and remote scanner access. This package contains the sane library. libsane1-devel SANE - local and remote scanner access. magicdev A daemon for automatically mounting/playing CDs. mkisofs Creates an image of an ISO9660 filesystem. mozplugger A generic mozilla plug-in rp-pppoe ADSL/PPPoE userspace driver rp-pppoe-gui GUI front-end for rp-pppoe. sane-backends SANE - local and remote scanner access. saned SANE - local and remote scanner access. sane-frontends Graphical frontend to SANE speedtouch ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB ADSL modem user-space driver xsane Xsane is a frontend for the SANE scanner interface. xsane-gimp A GIMP plug-in which provides the SANE scanner interface. tux4.png . . . . . . Bruno

And a few more some hours later: ( replacement already of the ones from yesterday :P )cdrecord A command line CD/DVD-Recorder kdebase K Desktop Environment - Core files kdebase-kdm kdm for kdebase kdebase-nsplugins Netscape Plugins for kdebase mkisofs Creates an image of an ISO9660 filesystem.A new KDE-base . . so log out and back in again after the updates :P ( BTW: the new synaptic looks nice :unsure: ):w00t: Bruno

You should have subscribed to this thread . . it would send you notifications every time there are new updates . . . . then you would have only had ONE today . . . . . :DB) Bruno

Besides appollon I have:gqview graphics file browser utility libmjpegtools 1.6mjpegtools tools for recording, editing, playing mjpeg. Only about 1 MB total!Julia :w00t:

Your daily portion updates PCLos . . . ;) gqview Graphics file browser utility libmjpegtools1.6 Main library for for mjpegtools libopenssl0.9.7 Secure Sockets Layer communications libs libopenssl0.9.7-devel Secure Sockets Layer communications static libs & headers & utils mjpegtools Tools for recording, editing, playing back and mpeg-encoding video under linux openssl Secure Sockets Layer communications libs & utils Total 3866 kB B) Bruno

Here's another:Audacity (allows manipulating digital wave forms)Sixe 1328The Gimp had an update yesterday afternoon however it did not appear to work right. It broke my install. I ended up removing the Gimp, and reinstalling it. It did not appear to work. I then discovered that I had to go to console and type Gimp. That then went through the install menu and all is well now. That puts me in The Gimp 2.0 for PC Los. So proceed with caution but this update is there.Julia :)NOTE: Change the command in "menudrake" for the Gimp from "/usr/bin/gimp-remote-2.0" to "/usr/bin/gimp" and you can start The Gimp from the menu again :thumbsup: --Bruno

Today's updates:

cdrdao                       1.1.8-2tex           1225Kb          Write audio Cdsgalaxy gnome         1.0.0-5.1tex           217 kb         Mandrake Linux themegalaxy-kde             1.0.0-5.1tex           107kb          Mandrake Linux themegalaxy-kde-kwin      1.0.0-5.1tex           439kb         Mandrake Linux themek3b                        2:0.11.7-1tex        7497kb        CD-Burner for KDE3libsane1                  1.0.13-7.1tex        5082 kb      Sane local and remote scanner accesslibsane1-devel         1.0.13-7.1tex            86.8kb    Sane local and remote scanner accesssane-backends        1.0.13-7.1tex         2551 kb      sane scanner accesssaned                     1.0.13-7.1tex            66.0 kb   Sane scanner accessspeedtouch              1.2.2-beta3.2.1tex   224 kb      Alcatel speedtouch USB ADSL modem user-space driver

Keep in mind it is still only 5:30 on the east coast of the USA so the day is still quite young. Julia <_<

Edited by Bruno

Checked an approved . . . LOL . . . updates PCLos:cups-drivers Special CUPS printer drivers, PPD files for PostScript printers foomatic-db Foomatic printer/driver database foomatic-db-engine Foomatic database access, printer admin, and printing utils foomatic-filters Foomatic filters needed to run print queues with Foomatic PPDs ghostscript PostScript interpreter and renderer, most printer drivers ghostscript-module-X PostScript interpreter and renderer (additional support for X) gimp The GNU Image Manipulation Program gimpprint GIMP-Print plugin for high-quality image printing kdeartwork Kdeartwork kdeartwork-kde-classic Default Icons from kde3.0 libgimpprint1 Shared library for high-quality image printing libijs0 Dynamic library for the IJS printer driver plug-in interface printer-filters Filters to support additional printers printer-testpages Test pages to check the output quality of printers printer-utils Additional tools for configuring and maintaining printers Will be removed: sane-frontends Graphical frontend to SANE Total: 51 MB :blink: Bruno