New Account on my mac

jrock

I want to change my account name, so I thought I would setup a new account on my mac and when I'm done, delete the old one. Is that as simple as it sounds? Will all the extra files from my old setup be trashed? I want them to be, no need for them to take up space on my HD.I remember in Windows that my old account files would still be around. I just want the old account gone. Nome sane?

I want to change my account name, so I thought I would setup a new account on my mac and when I'm done, delete the old one. Is that as simple as it sounds? Will all the extra files from my old setup be trashed? I want them to be, no need for them to take up space on my HD.I remember in Windows that my old account files would still be around. I just want the old account gone. Nome sane?
It is as simple as it sounds.When you create new account and login, you can delete your first account.The only prompt you might get is the warning that you will be deleting all the files in that user account, which is what you want.MacOSX is build to be multiuser environment so no fear there.