Help! My keyboard is locked!

onederer

Two evenings ago, I went to bed, and the following morning, when I looked at the laptop, it was off. Upon booting it up, I had to log into two login applications. On both login applications, I found that my keyboard was locked. In the first application I was able to activate a console to login, text-wise. When I gave it a "startx", I got to the second login application. There, I was able to highlight "root" or "user", but was unable to enter any text to provide a password.I've run out of ideas to fix this other than to re-install the whole thing. But before doing this, I thought that I would come here for your ideas on this problem. The keyboard works fine in console mode. It's in the GUI mode that it's gone silent, and useless. I even tried my USB keyboard/mouse dongle for a wireless keyboard. Again, the keyboard works fine in console mode, but not in the GUI mode. This problem is the same with all the different graphics managers, such as KDE or Gnome, etc,.. So for me, this is a universal problem. Could it be NVIDIA that's the cause? Why does the login application have a small padlock next to the left of the password box? Is that unlockable?Cheers!

Which distribution is this?
This is PCLOS Full Monty. I just dumped it, and reloaded from scratch again. I probably would have tried a differnet distro, but was not interested in bucking heads with installing wifi Internet again.Cheers!

I went to that website. They were remastering their OS. And theirs, the keyboard and mouse froze. On mine, only the keyboard froze. The mouse was still working, and things could be selected.Now that I re-installed the OS, I'll see if this happens again. If it does, then it's time to start looking for another OS. I could not log into the GUI. The keyboard worked in the Console mode. Sad to say, if I would have known which app. that was causing this, probably I could have fixed it. But such was not the case.Thank you for the link.Cheers!