5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Now that I have my tablets going, I need passwords.
I like the way Firefox remembers them, but I do not see a way to copy them all so that if I am away from my PC they will be on the tablet. Is there a rather simple, (Dummy), method to get them on Word or a good way to have them available to use on my tablets? I know there are password managers, but have not used any. I would lioke to have them on or avaiable for Kindle and iPad.
Thanks,
Jerry

Edited by JerryM, 07 January 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

Personally, I use lastpass and it works beautifully on the browser and tablets. This may also work for you: Password Exporter addon for Firefox
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Doesn't Lastpass require Firefox? I don't have Firefox on my tablets. Firefox did not seem to be as good on tablets as it is on my PC.
Thanks,
Jerry

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,984 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

No it does not. Lastpass is an extension or addon for firefox and chrome but there is also aa android and ios app for it as well. The app works the same as in the browser but fills out other applications as well. Plus it lets you generate passwords to use and since their encrypted locally (by your master password), the lastpass servers have no idea what your passwords actually are.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#5 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

In Firefox:

Edit (or Tools)
Preferences (or Options)
Security
Saved Logins
Show Passwords

I like the LastPass solution better.

Edited by Robert, 07 January 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:51 AM

Thanks to you both. That seems like an excellent solution.
Best,
Jerry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users