Letter to the Editor: No IBM-Groklaw connection

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
ZDNet: Letter to the Editor: No IBM-Groklaw connection
In Dan Farber's excellent interview with Darl McBride, Mr. McBride made the statement that IBM sponsors Groklaw.That isn't true, so I appreciate the opportunity to set the record straight. Groklaw is my Web site, so I can speak authoritatively on this subject. I don't have any connection to IBM professionally or personally. I never have had any such connection. I have never even been inside an IBM building. They haven't given me any financial support of any kind. Not a dime. Not a promise. Not a grant. Not a PIPE deal. Not an envelope of money under the table from a cousin. Not a Thinkpad. Nothing. IBM does not sponsor Groklaw.I have no connection personally or professionally to Red Hat either, by the way, or to FSF or OSDL or OSI. I have had several opportunities to "monetize" Groklaw, as Mr. McBride might put it, but I've declined those offers, because I wanted to be able to report the truth--without pressure to slant things in any way. None of those offers came from IBM or Red Hat. Money is fine, but integrity is everything.Groklaw is a labor of love. SCO seems to find it hard to believe that I would do this as a volunteer. But I do. They don't understand wanting to pool knowledge period, being a bit old-fashioned in their thinking. Groklaw is my thank you to the GNU/Linux developers who gave the world an operating system that I enjoy using, because of the freedoms that come with the software. Groklaw is also an idea, an innovative attempt to use a kind of open source method for group legal research, something the Internet makes possible, and it's been an enjoyable experiment and a successful one. ...
more in the article.You go girl! :thumbsup:

Wow, :thumbsup: Awesome.Thanks Fran for sharing this bit of info.I've been following Groklaw since SCO debacle started and I was amazed how Groklaw worked great as community.I thought also they have financing from someone, I guess I was wrong :w00t: Great work Groklaw and keep it up :w00t:

Guest LilBambi

My pleasure .. folks who work so hard for what they believe in and provide such a great service to the community, should not be rewarded in such a manner.Shame on SCO.