Are you a Geek?

Grasshopper

You seriously filled in all those questions ? . . . . . Just to know if . . . . . . :) :) :) come on tell us the truth . . ;) :DB) Bruno

I'm disappointed. I only scored 31.5589% Total Geek. Maybe I should go take the test again. What a riot! ;)

jbredmound

I didn't even notice the %...I guess I am a "geek sympathizer". ;) :) I'd make a lousy geek...I don't have the patience.(But I love Star Trek and Star Wars, and I have everything but Episode II).

Oi... now I know I'm a real geek!59.66055% - Extreme Geek!Eesh... and I don't even compare to most of my friends (at least I don't feel like it!) :blink:

Cluttermagnet

I barely qualify as Geek at 24.06312% (approximately). Aw, geez- I wasted way too much time on the humanities.May I some day be worthy of Linux. <_<

May I some day be worthy of Linux.  :blink:
I know some folks that could help you with Linux :wacko: but you would have to stop all that crying. _______________________________Seen to many crybabies in school <_<

I am not a greekI am not a greekI am not a greekI am not a greekI am not a greekI am not a greekOOPS you said GEEK didn't youActually Not a geek either only 16%

Guest ThunderRiver

I still dont' care what it says heh. being a geek doesn't mean you have to think about linux on the dinner table. I would say if you are very exceptionally good at something, such as coding or hacking..or even special access to certain beta testing programs, you can call yourself a geek or 3l33t for all I care :(

I got a 20.71006%. Do I get extra points for having my geek rating on a sticky note on my computer before I even saw this thread? :D I'm at a disadvantage - TSA didn't exist when I was in high school, or else it hadn't found it's way into the hills of West Virginia! :blink: It still may not be there yet!!----------------------Only a minor geek!

littlebone

10.25641% - Geekish TendenciesI'm sure I'll be surpassed, but so far, I've got the low score.So, if I were geekier, would I know the meaning of:"Buy some cool geek w34rz so we can afford to keep this site running! Thanks! "w34rz???

Littlebone,I guess this does show just how much of a geek I am..w34rz = l33t speak for wears (clothing of course)l33t speek I really can't explain as to it's origins though.... but 3 = e and 4 = a :Dl33t approximately = elite :)Edit - One more example... if you look at this guy :lol: the code that produces him is ph34r... can anyone tell me what that stands for? :D

Ryan,Wow! YOU WIN the geek prize. Today's geek prize is the rare children's book: Trip to the Moon, written in 1959. Talks about making a trip to the moon & the last line is:Maybe someday we will be able to make a trip to the moon. :P -----------------------The not so geeky Sieb.Since you explained the code - fear. :ph34r:

littlebone
if you look at this guy :P  the code that produces him is ph34r...  can anyone tell me what that stands for? B)
Well, based upon your explanation, I'm going with "fear". But to be honest, I always think of it as the ninja-smiley. :D

Very good Sieb and Littlebone! :P Nice to see that you're catching on!I do have to agree though littlebone... ninja-smiley works for me too! :D

GolfPro -I have to say that it took a couple of readings to figure it out. The 1st read, I came away with the same feeling that I have in the Linux forum at times - what were those words and what did they mean!?! :D ---------Working on learning Linux so I'm not totally at sea.---------------Don't think there is anything that can explain the water cooler!! B)

11% - geekish tendancies. Had there been more questions about homebrewing and fantasy sports leagues, I would surely get the 'geek' moniker. I originally found the link on Lockergnome. I posted there that my score was low due to "my utter disdain for Star Trek and Magic: the Gathering". I fully expect to be banned there :blink: .

Guest LilBambi

50.29586% - Super GeekWhy the 5 check marks for being a female geek? Do we get extra points for that or something? LOL! :lol:(That's what happens when you are married to a geek/electronics technician for close to 20 years and have a son who's in his mid 20s. :( )

Cluttermagnet

I miss all the geek graphics that used to display with everyone's results. I guess that his server got hammered- killed by his own success. Maybe there were not enough folks willing to "(b)uy some cool geek w34rz so (he) can afford to keep (his) site running!" Don't you miss all that dotcom-era free bandwidth? :)