NEW: SuperGamer-1

Bruno

For the gamers amongst you . . . Get Your Game on with SuperGamer-1From Distrowatch:

pclinuxos An interesting review on a modification of PCLinuxOS from tuxmachines just topped PCLinuxOnline: "Gaming in Linux is much easier than it once was... These last days it's become easier to game in Linux than in Windows. Now all that's required is booting a DVD. The SuperGamer-1 is a modification of the famous and well respected PCLinuxOS distribution optimised for gaming. It includes 3d acceleration drivers, the underlying pclos system, and several nice games (or demos)." Read the full review with dozens of screenshots. There is an active thread on the PCLinuxOS Forum for discussions, questions, or requests.
Games: # 3D games: america's army, cube, doom 3, enemy territory, legends, nexuiz, privateer, quake 4, soldier of fortune, ufo: alien invasion, ut2004, wesnoth# Arcade: BzFlag, chromium, 3d pinball, frozen bubble, neverball, neverput, penguin racer, supertux, tuxkart# Cards: Pysol# Strategy: FoobillardsSee review + screenshots: http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/6136And the thread on PCLos forum: http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=796.0Get it by torrent: http://70.61.207.24:6969/torrents/supergam...944ACE2E33A0B7COr order the Live DVD for $6.99 here: http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/produc...ff3acaceb839a24Have FUN ! :D BrunoPS: Pclos is currently at #10 at Distrowatch . . . . . . you can count on it that it will be # 1 soon with these kinds of great new projects :thumbsup: :lol:

Sounds fun, I take it these games would all be available to download to your regular version of PCLinuxOS?
I suppose so . . . though they are not in the normal repositories for synaptic nor in the pclos-thac packages so you will have to find the rpms for them.Seems easier to me to order the DVD at on-disk.com and do a HD install from it ( is based PCLos 9.1 ! ) because I read the torrent is very slow because there are not enough people seeding the file.:icon8: Bruno

I am really suprised by this, I think it is a great idea, but I have read that with enemy territory you can not do that with a livcd. Other distros use to do that and they had to stop. Very interesting I must say.I will download this and give it a whirl, I do wish I could find enemy territory on a livecd nondvd tho.Currently 15 Seeders

They went to a DVD because you could not fit all those games on a CD and have anything else left. :) It has been around for about a month or so if I remember correctly. I did not think about distrowatch picking it up but just that it was an enhanced PCLos. The nice thing is once you install it you use PCLos's repositories and go from there.

I don't plan on installing it, but it is a great way to show others games that work in Linux. I can just give them this dvd and they can see for themselves

I finished downloading and everything looks ok.... But I can't play any games becuase my mouse was not setup properly! If I move the mouse in any direction all the cursor does is move up or down! :D So I guess after I get off of work tonight I will see if I can figure out what is not right. I started SOF just to see that it would start and everything went well... I don't remember hearing any sound either but I was in a hurry... Nice to see these games. FreeBSD had Doom3 and Neverwinter Nights in ports which I complied and play often, good stuff!

There has been an xorg problem where folks have had to go and change the settings to "6 7". That might be it for you.

I finished downloading and everything looks ok.... But I can't play any games becuase my mouse was not setup properly! If I move the mouse in any direction all the cursor does is move up or down! :D So I guess after I get off of work tonight I will see if I can figure out what is not right. I started SOF just to see that it would start and everything went well... I don't remember hearing any sound either but I was in a hurry... Nice to see these games. FreeBSD had Doom3 and Neverwinter Nights in ports which I complied and play often, good stuff!
Hi Ghost . . . try this:- Press Alt+F2 and you will get a "run-box"- Type "konsole" and you will get a terminal- Type "su" and it will ask for the root-password . . . the password = "root"- Next type "mousedrake" and after a while the window for mousedrake will pop up . . . change nothing, just use the <tab> key to set the focus on OK and hit <Enter>- Now you will see in the terminal that the mouse service is restarted . . . when finished your mouse will most likely be okay :whistling:;) Bruno

Hi Ghost . . . try this:- Press Alt+F2 and you will get a "run-box"- Type "konsole" and you will get a terminal- Type "su" and it will ask for the root-password . . . the password = "root"- Next type "mousedrake" and after a while the window for mousedrake will pop up . . . change nothing, just use the <tab> key to set the focus on OK and hit <Enter>- Now you will see in the terminal that the mouse service is restarted . . . when finished your mouse will most likely be okay :rolleyes::whistling: Bruno
Julia - xorg.conf already had "6 7" set.I gave this a whirl Bruno - no dice.... I still only get vertical movement from the cursor. I plugged in a MS USB Trackball and it works fine. So it looks like I am missing something. The regular PCLinuxOS works just fine.

Hi Ghost . . . . . I assume your "normal" mouse is a USB mouse too . . . . . do you have a PS2 adapter and can you try the same mouse on the PS2 port ?:whistling: Bruno

Hi Ghost . . . . . I assume your "normal" mouse is a USB mouse too . . . . . do you have a PS2 adapter and can you try the same mouse on the PS2 port ?B) Bruno
I do have an adapter and yes it did correct the cursor movement! You were correct in assuming that it was an USB mouse. (MS Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer).The mouse is working correctly now but no sound in any of the games. I had to set the guest account to the audio group to get xmms to play streaming radio. The games play smooth even with my 5200 Nvidia card... Think I may put the 6800 in to see how they look. Thanks Teacher and Bruno for the suggestions.

one word...awwwwwsome :w00t: >_< ok more words, lool. :thumbsup: i love it. been running it 4 days straight. haven't found a reason to go back to xp, lool. i wish i had started with the save settings to usb key option. mainly just my Fx extensions. i was able to upgrade to 1.5.0.2 thru synaptic. the noia theme lost the scroll bars but i redownloaded the theme and they're back, no problem.there was no sound by default for me either. turning on the master and something called PCM in Kmix solved that one. there is one little prob tho. ocasionally while playing an mp3 song from my windows drive in xmms it will sound like static. i'm guessing it's maybe a buffering problem by nature of the live dvd. perhaps some other process hogging resources. i notice it when i save something or open another app. i'm not really concerned about fixing it. a quick pause and restart the song fixes it.games seem to work great. i have a nvidia fx 5200, syncmaster 204t 1600x1200. i'm getting hooked on neverputt and tuxkart, lool. something happened in 3d pinball. the flipper buttons are the shift keys. hitting these 5 times caused something about (activex script?? i forget what exactly) to popup. i simply turned this feature off, no problem. i'm slowly working my way thru the other 3d games. so far so good.i found a ppt file that someone posted thjat i wanted to look at. i thought i was gonna have to go to xp to see it but i was wrong, looool. it downloaded to my desktop and OOo opened it just fine.i am totally geeked about this background/wallpaper, looool. it's gorgeous, looool. B) if you change it tho it doesn't appear in the list. since i didn't know where to find it i had to reboot to get it back.here it is. is it inappropiate to share this in this fashion?bgfullnoicons8wn.th.jpg

Edited by cybormoron

something happened in 3d pinball. the flipper buttons are the shift keys
This keeps happening to me its sticky keys, how did you turn it off? The wallpaper you like is in /usr/share/mdk/backgrounds/ I had to go looking for it too. :( I installed it to the harddrive and added two users, the new users dont have the same wallpaper and the icons on the taskbar are totally different. I was able to get some of the icons switched to the ones on the gamer profile by selecting properties and other icons. I noticed that the menus messed up too on the install, specifically the games seem to be all over the place.

rolanaj...there was a dialog box that came up that allowed me to change accessx settings but i figured out how to w/o the dialog. kde control center-accessibility-keyboard tab-uncheck activation gestures.accesstool3cl.th.jpgthanks for finding that background. there's an image of another cool dragon in there also. it won't let me save it tho, so i took a screenshot, loool. :) i've just realized what this dvd is about. it's to show that these games will play on linux. silly me, i thought the games were free. they are demos. the description says this but i don't pay attention. they work great and i probably would not have seen these games any other way. i think i might like quake. i'm not really much of a gamer but i could get hooked on this stuff, lool. :ph34r:

Americas Army is free, at least that is my understanding.

there was a dialog box that came up that allowed me to change accessx settings but i figured out how to w/o the dialog. kde control center-accessibility-keyboard tab-uncheck activation gestures.
thanks I have to fix that it is so annoying.