• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   James M. Fisher

James M. Fisher

Minimally Valuable Poser

• Forum MVP
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

I have fond memories of JimmyLee from my brief stint at CNI Radio. I am very sorry for your loss, Fran.
James M. Fisher

#27 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

This xkcd comic is dear to me as JL is still connected to my VPS server. His account is still in irc with us as he used a (gnu)screen session on my Linode VPS. Someone mentioned earlier that is was kind of odd seeing his name in chat but I feel that it is honoring him and keeping his memory with us. It is still unreal to me and I keep thinking he will pop into chat with use. I really miss my good friend.

Posted Image

Source: https://xkcd.com/686/
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postraymac46, on 09 December 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Fran my deepest condolences and prayer are with you at this time.

Thanks Raymac ... it is not easy for sure...

View PostJames M. Fisher, on 09 December 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

I have fond memories of JimmyLee from my brief stint at CNI Radio. I am very sorry for your loss, Fran.

Hi James, thank you so much. We loved having you on CNI Radio too. Thank you also for your email about Jim ... that meant a lot too.

View Postsecuritybreach, on 10 December 2014 - 02:29 AM, said:

This xkcd comic is dear to me as JL is still connected to my VPS server. His account is still in irc with us as he used a (gnu)screen session on my Linode VPS. Someone mentioned earlier that is was kind of odd seeing his name in chat but I feel that it is honoring him and keeping his memory with us. It is still unreal to me and I keep thinking he will pop into chat with use. I really miss my good friend.

Posted Image

Source: https://xkcd.com/686/

Wow, I just talked about him as the ghost in the machine elsewhere.

Yep, I will not be turning off his computers anytime soon. There will be a time for that, but it is not now.

I too think it is an honor to have him be the ghost in the machine and in chat...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Very cool! Josh and Elizabeth posted on Jim's Dignity Memorial page:

http://tinyurl.com/J...rial-at-Dignity

As well as a few others.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#30 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostLilBambi, on 10 December 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Wow, I just talked about him as the ghost in the machine elsewhere.

Yep, I will not be turning off his computers anytime soon. There will be a time for that, but it is not now.

I too think it is an honor to have him be the ghost in the machine and in chat...

:thumbup:

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#31 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

On the bottom of the main page article on www.JimRadcliffe.com I have started listing stories from Jim's youth and more. Still lots to come, but there are a few up there.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

I enjoyed the stories, Fran.  I'll keep checking back for more.
Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   daveydoom

daveydoom

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'm sorry to read about this Fran : (  .

#34 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

So sorry to hear about your loss Fran.
Registered Linux User #554733

#35 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

Thanks so much folks ... tomorrow is Jim's Memorial Service and I am going nuts making sure it's all taken care of. Keeps me busy though...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#36 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Very nice to see you Rolanaj!! I hope you are doing ok

#37 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

You will do just fine Fran and you know all of us will be with you in spirit. Everyone who knew JL, misses him dearly. That I promise

#38 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

You're in our thoughts, Fran.
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

Miss Me But Let Me Go - Unknown

When I come to the end of the road
and the sun has set on me,
I want no rites in a gloom filled room,
why cry for a soul set free.
Miss me a little--but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low,
Remember the love that we once shared,
miss me--but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take,
and each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
a step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
go to the friends we know.
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds,
miss me--but let me go.

Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

Abarbarian, beautiful poem!!

#41 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Beautiful!

I have been putting more memories up on Jim's Memorial website: JimRadcliffe.com

Also there is a link to the video of the memorial as well.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

Fran, just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying your new content at jimradcliffe.com.  I can't tell you there because of the log-in.
Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

View Postebrke, on 25 June 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Fran, just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying your new content at jimradcliffe.com.  I can't tell you there because of the log-in.

Why not make an account or login with google/facebook?

#44 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:43 AM

It has been nice to see you around the site lately. Know you still have a lot on your plate and hope that you are on the up and up. :breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 25 June 2015 - 10:35 PM, said:

Because I don't have a google or  facebook account, and there's no way I can find to create an account at jimradcliffe.com.  It's not important, I just wanted to let  Fran know that I was enjoying her posts there.
Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

View Postebrke, on 26 June 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Because I don't have a google or  facebook account, and there's no way I can find to create an account at jimradcliffe.com.  It's not important, I just wanted to let  Fran know that I was enjoying her posts there.

Gotcha :)

#47 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,491 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

View Postebrke, on 26 June 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Elizabeth, don't you reply to articles on my Nocturnal Slacker blogs? If so, you can log in to Jimmy Lee's site with your Wordpress login.

#48 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,545 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

Yes, just use your Wordpress Login Elizabeth. Sorry to hear you have struggled with that.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users