Saving an Online Video

genegold

There's an online video that I'd like to save as a file which appears to be WM video, but when saved shows as a .php file. As such, it won't play with WMP and with VLC plays but has audio and video problems off and on. The video is here: http://sport.etv.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=3759. For browsers I use Opera 9.1 and IE7. Thanks.P.S. I just ran it and copied the resulting file from the Temp Internet files folder to another. While it shows as a MPEG file the name is .dat, which won't run.

Edited by genegold

I've partially solved the problem, but still need help with the audio piece. With VLC, I recorded it via File>Open Network Stream, pasted in the URL, chose Stream/Save, opened Settings and chose ASF for encapsulation and added a file name. That got me the video, which actually runs better in WMP than VLC. However, there is no audio. It is in Estonian, but I would like to have it and know how this process works. I went back to Settings and added audio, choosing mp4a the first time, then mpga when that didn't work. Still no go. Any ideas? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a variant of my initial question. What is or are good ways to go about synchronizing video and audio when the two are a bit off? Do I need to use a dubbing application or can it be done within media players? I'm have WMP 11, Media Player Classic, VLC, Quicktime and Zoom Player. Thanks.

As for video/audio synch, you may need a video editor that splits the file into video and audio tracks, and lets you drag the audio clip left or right until you get the synch. It's a difficult process, and the video editors with this feature is expensive. You're better off trying to get a video file without any synch problems. If you captured the video using VLC, try MP4 as encapsulation method and use mp4v (video codec) and mp4a (audio codec).If you can split the tracks using any freeware tool, you can try synchronizing using Windows Movie Maker. Convert the video track to WMV and the audio to WMA, and import it into Movie Maker.

Edited by b2cm