Windows 8.1 Update

lewmur

Is there a way to download the new 8.1 Update so that it can be installed on multiple computers instead of downloading it separately for each one?

I'd like to know that too...

Dialup at home (it would take months), but my wife has FIOS at her business.

If I could put it on a USB stick, or a CD, I wouldn't have to relocate my desktop, just for one download.

Here are links

http://www.neowin.ne...le-for-download

which lead to Windows download.

I was able to download the update files for both x86 and 64bit through my TechNet subscription. But they didn't really help a lot. After installing the 64bit version on a laptop, Windows Update still found nearly 1.5gb of updates to do online, though I think about half of it was updating Office.
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Be careful with Windows 8 Update 1 ... Read and article earlier today from Graham Cluley that said people were being moved to 8.1 update 1 and then could not get additional updates .. Catch 22.

That first line was Window 8.1 Update 1 also.

Hope some one will have further info on that.

Be careful with Windows 8 Update 1 ... Read and article earlier today from Graham Cluley that said people were being moved to 8.1 update 1 and then could not get additional updates .. Catch 22.

That first line was Window 8.1 Update 1 also.

Hope some one will have further info on that.

My understanding is that only applies to businesses using Windows Server Update Services.

This comment from a paid newsletter I receive on Thursdays

April's nonsecurity Office 2013 updates — including a massive Visio patch — weigh in at nearly a gigabyte.
Perhaps this was the major portion of the updates.