3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   metnick

metnick

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 01:04 PM

I just recently lurched through my first computer build.  In my Award BIOS, when I was ready to insert manual values for CPU:DRAM frequency settings, there was a field for keying in a "DEC number".   Google didn't help me in getting an explanation.  Hoping someone here will donate their time to educate me or perhaps direct me to a link where I can learn about it.The motherboard is a Soyo and the processor is a Pentium4, 2.4 GHz.....if that is helpful. Thanks.Mark

#2 OFFLINE   Gus K

Gus K

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 01:13 PM

Just type in the number you want, like 133 etc.  Use the top row numbers just in case num lock (key pad) isn't activated.DEC=decimal??

#3 OFFLINE   Stryder

Stryder

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 02:05 PM

metnick, on Apr 4 2003, 12:04 PM, said:

I just recently lurched through my first computer build.  In my Award BIOS, when I was ready to insert manual values for CPU:DRAM frequency settings, there was a field for keying in a "DEC number".   Google didn't help me in getting an explanation.  Hoping someone here will donate their time to educate me or perhaps direct me to a link where I can learn about it.The motherboard is a Soyo and the processor is a Pentium4, 2.4 GHz.....if that is helpful. Thanks.Mark
It is used for overclocking. It allows you to change your CPU clock speed.

#4 OFFLINE   metnick

metnick

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the reply Gus K.Thanks for clearing it up for me, STRYDER;  exactly what I was trying to find out.  Although the mainboard manual has a lot to say about over clocking, it never mentioned this DEC field.Much obliged to both of you.Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users