getting Adobe reader

réjean

Hi all!

My wife needs a form from our Provincial government which insist that she needs Adobe Reader 10.0. I tried to install it but it doesn't want to complete the process.

Now I did download the Linux version AdbeRdr9.4.7-1_i486linux_enu.bin but I don't know how to install it.

Any help please

securitybreach

What distro are you using? I may be able to find the the Reader 10+ version for you.

Also, what is the error you receive when you try to install it via your package manager?

If you have a windows computer, I've found that sites saying I need Adobe Reader are lying. I use Foxit and Sumatra and have been able to access every pdf form including from US and PA government sites.

As root:

chmod +x AdbeRdr9.4.7-1_i486linux_enu.bin

Then as root:

./AdbeRdr9.4.7-1_i486linux_enu.bin

Thanks Josh!

I found the same ( although for .jre ) in one of Bruno's tutorials and I had it installed ( the 9 version that is ) before I got your reply.

@zlim. I saved the document on my desktop ( Linux Zen ( PCLinuxOS Gnome ) ) and only Acrobate Reader 9 will open it properly. Libre Office will not work.

I sent a copy on my wife's computer and Open Office won't open it properly either.

My wife phone them and they are supposed to send her a .txt file. I did save the form on my machine as a .txt file but gedit cannot open it, nor can LibreOffice

screenshot3qps.th.png

Edited by réjean

Thanks Liz! I'll try them when my wife is not using her computer but I have some doubts. She has Acrobat Reader ( 6.0 I think ) installed already but it doesn't work and she has Open Office which doesn't work either.

But I will give the other 2 a try.

It's not a bad think as far as I am concerned if she uses Linux and start to realize that it is not that difficult to use.

pdfs are not designed to be opened in Office Programs - so don't try using an office program. You need a pdf reader and one that is up to date. I suspect that is why v 6 doesn't work.