The Woz predicts we'll be pets of our robots in the future

Wow, just Wow!

Apple AAPL -0.46% co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks we’re all probably going to become robots’ pets.

Speaking at a recent technology conference, Wozniak said that at first the thought of artificially intelligent beings in charge of everything scared him. But now it’s a comforting thought.

Fast forward hundreds of years to when robots are in charge. At that time, humans will probably be treated in a similar fashion to dogs, Wozniak said during an event at the Freescale Technology Forum 2015 in Austin, Texas.

“It’s actually going to turn out really good for humans,” he added. “And it will be hundreds of years down the stream before [artificially intelligent beings would] even have the ability.”

https://fortune.com/...ak-robots-pets/

• Like 2

I think humans and the earth are going to be toast (due to our own mistakes) before computers have reached the point where we can be saved from ourselves.

It ain't the robots we need to worry about, it is the cats who are learning to type and operate pc's that are the real danger. :devil:

• Like 1

Easy fix.

The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm afraid.

Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

But if you mean that we will become dependent on our devices I agree.

Edited by Webb

LOnnnggg before that happens I prophesy the resurrection of the Luddites .The human race may destroy itself. But we will never be subject to any electronically controlled masters.

Wuff! Wuff! Meow!