Epson Workforce 845 printer driver

rpiz

Please help me locate a printer driver for Epson Workforce 845 printer. I am

running PCLinux and trying to print via this printer. I appreciate everyones help

here.

Guest LilBambi

Are you using this as a USB device or Networked printer? The reason I ask is that often you can get printers to work with postscript drivers, etc if they are used an an IP based network printer.

Epson says they do not support Linux but give links to help you do what is needed to get your Epson printers to work.

Linux Drivers - Epson

Printer compatibility with Ubuntu / Linux

I had an Epson Stylus that worked well as a USB printer on Linux years ago. But looks like they are being bone headed about their all in one printers. Which really ticks me off, because I wanted to get one to use as a network printer between WIndows, Mac and Linux. Works great in WIndows and on the Mac as I have had clients use them and they just work.

To see them being a butthead regarding Linux support may change my mind entirely as to recommending them to any clients as I have in the past.

Guest LilBambi

In the meantime, here's something on OpenPrinting that might help:

Epson WorkForce 845 Series

Color inkjet printer, max. 5760x1440 dpi, works Perfectly Linuxyes.pngLinuxyes.pngLinuxyes.png Recommended Driver: epson-201107w (Home page, Driver packages: x86 32 bit: 1.0.0 (RPM for LSB 3.2) (Signed),1.0.0 (DEB for LSB 3.2) (Signed), x86 64 bit: 1.0.0 (RPM for LSB 3.2) (Signed), 1.0.0 (DEB for LSB 3.2) (Signed) (How to install)) Generic Instructions: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler

LilBambi,

Thanks a bunch. You have been a great help. I'll visit each of the sites that you have provided and

hopefully then an appropriate solution will be found. Yes, it is a shame that Epson doesn't provide

support for Linux with their printers. I made the mistake, while at Best Buy, of not checking first on

just which printers are supported, my bad. Again, thanks so much for your help. I'll try to get back

with any progress that I have made, and let you know if I am a happy camper again printing in Linux.

LilBambi, Securitybreach

I picked the right Epson file, fortunately, and before installing had to also install 'LSB', 'Lsb Core', and 'Lsb

-release'. With fingers crossed, I ran a test print and the printer works. The options in Linux seem somewhat

limited as opposed to running Epson printer in windows; but it will serve my needs just fine. Lets all pray that

Epson co. decides to finally provide support for Linux distro's going forward. Thanks for your help. :drooling:

securitybreach

LilBambi, Securitybreach

I picked the right Epson file, fortunately, and before installing had to also install 'LSB', 'Lsb Core', and 'Lsb

-release'. With fingers crossed, I ran a test print and the printer works. The options in Linux seem somewhat

limited as opposed to running Epson printer in windows; but it will serve my needs just fine. Lets all pray that

Epson co. decides to finally provide support for Linux distro's going forward. Thanks for your help. :drooling:

Excellent, you got it working!!! :thumbup:

Guest LilBambi

Awesome! At least it wasn't a total waste for Linux for printing itself.

Of course faxing (if available on that model), and scan to copy is available from the glass.

Great job! :thumbup:

Edited by LilBambi