IE6/Tools/InternetOptions doesn't work.

redmaledeer

Windows XP Home SP2, IE6, running as Administrator. When I am in IE6, click on Tools, then click on Internet Options, I get the error message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Other user accounts on this computer get the same message. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a simple fix for this, maybe in the Registry, but I sure don't know it. I **can** get to Internet Options by going to the Control Panel, so I am not out in the cold for these Options. But it's puzzling and annoying. I recently reinstalled the operating system including a complete format of the disk. This problem was not there after I reinstalled XP SP2 and the associated drivers. It appeared some time during my later reinstall of Norton Antivirus, Windows Defender, and dozens of Microsoft updates to Windows, IE, Outlook Express, and Windows Media Player. Thanks.

Edited by redmaledeer