Mucks' wish list ...

muckshifter

I though, maybe I'm wrong, that Superkaramba was now integrated into KDE 3.5 ... well after a fruitless search, it ain't in Man07I cannot add it, it has bits missing it cannot findSo ...gKrellm is nice, but it to will not "install" either ... bits missing it cannot find ... ;) Is this another ... "we realesed an unfinished product" ... but it'll work in 2008 when we get a-round-tuitThoughts, advice, donations greatly accepted. :blink:

There was a problem during the installation:...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0unable to install package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...7-1mdk.i586.rpmunable to install package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...g-2mdk.i586.rpm
Nothing installs. :blink: Edited by muckshifter

Well I'll be a ...You can't have too many repositories/suppositories/sources ... wrong/right, I don't know but I solved the problem buy turning off the default ones ... so now I have less?Main, Main Updates, Contrib ... they HAD a tick for ... Enabled? Updates?I also have ...main, contrib, plf-free, plf-nonfree ... they had a tick only for ... Enabled?I reversed the update tick and have just installed superkaramba ... :( Not bad for 6 hours work. May even go get gKrellm, just to have a second opinion.Had no bother installing Boinc ... now I can monitor the temps ... err, no wait, I still need lm-sensors ... err, I think. What day is it?Only one piece of chocolate fudge cake left ... time for a coffee & a bite. :hmm:

Sorry, the following package(s) can't be selected:PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied PyQt[== 3.15.1])
Hi Neil . . . Is this the error message you get when trying to install the lm-sensors ??:hmm: Bruno

Hi Neil . . . Is this the error message you get when trying to install the lm-sensors ?? :D Bruno
Hello Bruno,No, that one was for liquid weather ++... I like that 'widget' as I can choose my local weather station in Blackpool.don't need lm_sensors, gKrellm is working fine. :w00t: Just been installing an absolute shed load of games, may even play some, but just got another err, error?
There was a problem during the installation:libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by teg-0.11.1-1mdk.i586libssl.so.0.9.7 is needed by teg-0.11.1-1mdk.i586devel(libggz) is needed by ggz-server-devel-0.0.13-2mdv2007.0.i586...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or signal 0unable to install package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...g-2mdk.i586.rpmunable to install package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...9-1mdk.i586.rpmunable to install package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...9-1mdk.i586.rpm
No worries on that though ... I'll find another game to play. :( I keep getting a few of these 'failures' but nothing that is important ... would like to get LiquidWeather ++ working though. :hmm:

Hi MucksEvery day, before installing new packages . . . please refresh the list with:

# urpmi.update -a

This will make sure you get less errors.If you then still get errors wait a few days for Mandriva to clean the mess on the mirrors and have all the right packages available.:'( Bruno

Hi MucksEvery day, before installing new packages . . . please refresh the list with:
# urpmi.update -a

This will make sure you get less errors.If you then still get errors wait a few days for Mandriva to clean the mess on the mirrors and have all the right packages available. ;) Bruno

Ok,see you next week then Doc ... :'(

Hi MucksMind to try this ?

# urpmi ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/cooker/i586/media/main/release/PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586.rpm

It should install and resolv dependencies if there are any ;);) Bruno

Hello Bruno,There is nothing to "resolve" it just will not install ...

[mucks@mucks-vista-pc ~]$ suPassword:[root@mucks-vista-pc mucks]# urpmi ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooke...1-4mdk.i586.rpmSome requested packages cannot be installed:PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied PyQt[== 3.15.1])Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) y[root@mucks-vista-pc mucks]#
I went to Mandriva and and could not get anything as I am not a 'member' kept asking me for my password & stuff.Tried to figure out what "version" I have to go get the CDs ... err, stuck there too. ;) As far aas I know I have "Discovery" but I don't see that version?Actually, you caught me just in time ... I was just about to re-install Suse. B)

Some requested packages cannot be installed:PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied PyQt[== 3.15.1])
But we can fix that . . . ;)
# urpmi.addmedia main-cooker ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main with ../../media_info/hdlist_main.cz

# urpmi.addmedia contrib-cooker ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/contrib with ../../media_info/hdlist_contrib.cz

# urpmi PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586

Please show me what the last command says this time . . . B) BrunoPS: We will have to remove the cooker sources after this install !!!

No change ... B)

urpmi PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586Some requested packages cannot be installed:PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied PyQt[== 3.15.1])Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) y[root@mucks-vista-pc mucks]#
It's gingerbread cake tonight ... I may have use a tad toooo much ginger though ... ;)

Hi Mucks:( . . . . sorry . . . but you will have to go with the PyQt-devel that is default for the 2007 . . . What happens if you

# urpmi PyQt-devel

??;) Bruno

Oh, I was way ahead of you there ... I have been learning what one should try and I do endeavor to try to find my own solutions, 'tis how I learn ... had tried that one also ... it no workie either.

urpmi PyQt-develSome requested packages cannot be installed:PyQt-devel-3.15.1-4mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied PyQt[== 3.15.1])Continue installation anyway? (Y/n) y
;)

Very sad . . . . . you better remove the cooker sources we added and wait a few days and try again . . . I hope they fix the packages on that mirror, because clearly that mirror is in a mess !

# urpmi.removemedia main-cooker && urpmi.removemedia contrib-cooker

;) Bruno

As requested ... is done;

[root@mucks-vista-pc mucks]# urpmi.removemedia main-cooker && urpmi.removemedia contrib-cookerremoving medium "main-cooker"examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main Updates.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib-cooker.cz]found 0 headers in cacheremoving 0 obsolete headers in cachewrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]removing medium "contrib-cooker"examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main Updates.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]found 0 headers in cacheremoving 0 obsolete headers in cachewrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg][root@mucks-vista-pc mucks]#
I have some more bad news ... the exact same thing happens in Mandriva 2006 ... only consolation there is, that PC is just a cruncher, I don't need any 'toys' but it sure does look like we ain't gonna get PyQt no matter how long one waits. ;) B)

Or maybe look for some cool tools that do not use PyQt ;) B) Bruno
Sorry Bruno ... in that case I may as well go re-install Suse, it never had a that 'problem' and I am now a dab hand at getting all the other missing stuff to install in Suse. ;) What else is there? Tried quite a few now, some never saw the light of day (PCLoS still refuses to do anything) Memphis was err, me no like ... even got Vista from that nice Mr B.Gates, twice, but even that needs a lot of work doing to it. B) I need a new challenge. :)

LOL . . I know you have been a SUSE fan from the start Mucks . . . . . and that is absolutely fine ;) because SUSE is a real good distro !If you want a challenge . . . . maybe make an extra partition and start a LFS* ;)B) Bruno* LFS = Linux From Scratch

err, yeah right. LFS B) Think I'll stick to jumping through hoops and re-do Suse. ;) Be back, I'm sure, for more of your excellent wisdom. ;)

maybe Gentoo ... or Sabayon. I f you like doing things your self manually.me hiding and looking for shelter. ;)
Pack it in ... I ain't got that long to live. ;) I'm happy to use the 'command' line for some tasks, but I do like point-n-click all done thank you. B)