Web Services and .NET Framework

John259

I'm curious to learn about web services and Microsoft's .NET Framework.I tried reading the information on the relevant section of Microsoft's web site but I'm ashamed to say that it made no sense to me. It seemed (IMHO) to be largely informationless pseudo-technical marketing babble aimed at high level management, sprinkled with the occasional technical bit of unexplained jargon.Other web sites that I've found on the subject seem to suffer from similar problems. They're either written for idiots or experts.Similarly, .NET Framework's configuration utility is a masterpiece of bewildering jargon to a beginner.Can anyone recommend a good introductory web site for someone who has a reasonable level of computer literacy (for example, I can write simple VB programs and hand-code simple HTML) but no knowledge whatsoever of this subject? I'd be very grateful.I'm really after an explanation of what web services and .NET Framework can do, and how they do it.John

You might want to read this good tutorial. :)
Wow! That is an extremely rich source of information. It's going to take me ages to work my way through all the material on that site but at a first glimpse it seems to be just what I'm after. Thanks for suggesting it.John