Kitchen Netbook

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

A couple years back I set up a little Dell D420 Netbook for a friend of mine so he could sit in his recliner in his livingroom and play games on it. I had installed Linux Mint on it after a few stops and starts with Zorin and Bodhi (no issues with Bodhi at all).

Well, he graduated to a more modern device (a tablet) recently, so he gave me the little Netbook back. I've installed (you guessed it!) Slackware on it the other night. All went well, but you know it has a Broadcom card in it. That's always a pain in the ascii for Linux.

After much reading here and there, gnashing of teeth, pulling of hair, I managed to downlowd the b43-firmware and the b43-fwcutter from Slackbuilds and install them both. VIOLA! WIFI! Ain't it wonderful?

Anywho, I'm setting the little Netbook up in my kitchen. I'll have it here to look up my favorite pasta recipes or order pizza if I'm too lazy to cook.

So, there you have it. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
securitybreach

Anywho, I'm setting the little Netbook up in my kitchen. I'll have it here to look up my favorite pasta recipes or order pizza if I'm too lazy to cook.

I figured you were like most bachelors and ate ramen noodles and tv dinners... :hysterical: