Easy Urpmi

nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

I recently found this site Easy Urpmi it walks you through selecting mirrors to add to your URPMI sources so that you can add more non Mandrake issued software to your system. Problem is I'm not sure what sites are best to pick.Any opinions on what Mirrors will add a good selcection of addtional software without getting down sites or getting sites that might have conflicting packages and confuse URPMI?Who is the good stuff and what is the bad?

Nathan:Quint did give you the link to the main URPMI story already, so I will just add a few remarks:1) Stay away from French mirrors they are weak and often over-loaded.2) The US mirrors, they tell me, have many weak brothers too.3) The best for "contrib" ( you do need that one ) is ftp.snt.utwente.nl ( Dutch of course :D )4) The best for "PLF" is ftp.time4t.net5) Updates are better done with the mirrorfinder in the MCC6) For the PLF cheatcodes ( to prevent errormessages ) have a look Here7) You need to update the sources at least once a month or before searching/downloading software because the packages on the ftp sites do change, look HereHope this will help you get your sources right.B) BrunoPS: My preference for dutch mirrors is not because I´m Dutch, but only that they are very powerfull and most of global/european traffic passes through the Amsterdam Internet Exchange, or European Internet Exchange also situated in Amsterdam. :D