• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

When I started working in the food industry one of my best colleagues and closest friends was a brilliant, off the wall engineer named Jack. He had a famous saying he always applied to process development in Research:
If you can't fix it with duct tape, you can't fix it with welding.
So today I thought I'd try Jack's rule to fix the broken hinge on my daughter's old laptop I use in the junkroom at home. I got some Gorilla Tape and a bottle of Goo Gone. Then I took off the laptop bezel, cleaned it, taped the hinge in place, snapped the bezel back on and taped it at the hinge. It seems to be holding OK when the laptop is open and I don't plan on opening and closing it.
Looks like Jack's Rule applies to more stuff than a pilot plant.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,977 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Nice
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users