MDK 10.1 Official ISO's

Specmon

How about this one?http://linux.ensimag.fr/iso/mandrake/10.1-...icial-Download/Anyone who knows French advice how to get around the download from website only restriction?
I am getting:
The web page might have been removed or had its name changed.
BUT . . . I tried the link Specmon posted and getting a real acceptable speed . . . so you might want to try it again . . :"> BrunoPS: Remember there is a HowTo for the install here

Makes me wonder why Mandrake is taking so long releasing the .ISO's :PI'll bet they want to sell for money some boxed sets first. :oYou know, to pay for all the bandwidth those .ISO's will use. :"> :rolleyes:

LOL . . . looks like the Russians are breaking the embargo too . . . LOL
and there doing a fast job of it to when i checked how fast or slow they were i was getting 600 through broadband :">

Those ru mirrors have had the ISOs up for a few weeks now. Obviously not offical MDK mirrors, but not sure if any law is being broken by redistributing club ISOs. I guess they kind of run on the honour system. Any way, I didn't feel right posting the links before. I guess it would have been OK. Sorry about that. If the downloads are coming down fast, check that you are getting binary and not text. Most have the mime types set wrong on the servers. There were about 4 ru mirrors, the dk mirror popped up a few days ago. One was up in Alaska a few days after the release. Someone's cable modem account. I suspect they will be paying off that bandwidth bill for a bit :(Best speed I could muster from the ru mirrors was about 20Kbps on 2.5Mbps DSL so I gave up on the DL and packed my machine back home. Will probably get my powerpack CDs in the mail before the ISOs go up by the look of things now.

hi deadflyi dont get when i posted that it was flying,i checked again and its running at 10-12 Kbps i have no idea what to say, thats very weird, and earlier i tried and i got a 550 error whatever that means ...

550 is too many users logged in if I remember correctly.Slow is not a big deal if you have the machine at home and can just leave it on for a day or so. I normally pack my machine in to my sister's office and download the ISO files. Usually takes about 40 minutes per ISO, so I take her out for lunch and when we get back it's close to being done. Should probably just buy her a CD burner. I downloaded Knoppix instead when the MDK plan didn't pan out. It would be pretty easy to boot up one of her machines into linux with the knoppix disk and have everything one needs to download the ISO files and burn the CDs.

i will keep checking if i can find another place thats a bit faster i will post it and hopefully by the time you come back from lunch you will have your cds :) , and as far as a cd burner they are really cheap now adays a very good investment

OOPS :) :clap2: :yes: Guess we DO NOT HAVE A MDK 10.1 install partyNot one of the ISO' s completed downloading and quitSo I am left with 4 partial ISO's and am out of my 6 G limit with TelusI''l wait until morning and see where too for nowColin just a little :)

The link posted by Specmon worked well finally . .. I got full bandwidth utilisation on a half-MB ADSL line . .. worked through yesterday and last night and now all the 4 ISOs are sitting on my hard disk ready to be burnt . . checksums matched perfectly too. So a big thank you to Specmon!Now I can finally get rid of the MDK 10.0 CDs :)

Hey, no problem. That's why I posted the link. :) For the most part, I was only able to make two connections at a time, but they ran pretty consistently at around 45 Kbps each, so wasn't too bad.Seems like we've waited forever for these.Anxious to do the install. :clap2:

Not one of the ISO' s completed downloading and quitSo I am left with 4 partial ISO's
You should be using a download manager so you can resume downloads from where they stopped. Try KGet or Downloader for X ( d4x ) in Linux, or wget for console mode. For Windoze, FlashGet is excellent.

Flash from Mandrake confirming the iSOs are on the mirrors:

Flash: Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official ISO images now available on mirrors!Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official "Download" edition has just been releasedto a number of public FTP mirrors worldwide and through bitorrent! Itis now also available as a DVD ISO image!http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3All new 10.1 Official features are available at:http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/101
B) Bruno

If you are looking for the checksums:7833f17c3fbe95581c48cf3848792d21 Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD1.i586.iso5850545e8fa3f63323a90b1403ec5064 Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD2.i586.iso029f660c78e29427f775a54284fb7085 Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD3.i586.isoB) Bruno

From Freshmeat:

Mandrakelinux 10.1 About: Mandrakelinux is an RPM-based Linux distribtion. It excels at usability and simplicity, features thoroughly preconfigured KDE and GNOME desktops, and includes cool tools like supermount (transparent access to removable media) and DiskDrake (a full-featured graphical hard-drive partitioner). Unlike former versions, Mandrakelinux is not a tuned-up Red Hat, but a very mature Linux distribution on its own. Mandrakelinux is published by a company, but is a completely open and transparent free-software project.
Distrowatch:
Those who have been patiently waiting for the FTP release of Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official Edition will be pleased to learn that it is finally available. Most of the mirrors are still in the process of synchronising with the main Mandrakelinux FTP server, but some of them are already up-to-date. Try your luck here: Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD1.i586.iso (692MB), Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD2.i586.iso (695MB), Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Download-CD3.i586.iso (692MB). Also available on DVD (2,075MB) and via BitTorrent. If the links are busy or too slow, visit the distribution's download page to search for faster mirrors. Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official was formally released on October 27th - here are the links to the press release and the product pages.
You better get your ISO's quick before they get Slashdotted ;):luck: Bruno