CMOS battery alignment

b2cm

*If it is one of those hearing-aid batteries that are a weebit smaller than a quarter >> the positive (+) side (that is the side with no breaks on it) usually points up!*If you carefully observe the PCB (the (printed) circuit board), there is usually a call out near or inside the area where the battery belongs!*If all else fails, maybe you can shoot a PM to inlinecomputers as he seems to be totally knowledgeable with the hardware PC world! (I hope he does not get mad at me for this suggestion :D ) Hey, I notice someone has added many more emoticons on the left side! Woooohoooo!

I've ever only replaced 4-5 of them, all on different MOBO's, but every one of those sat positive side up. Unless your board is radically different, I would suppose it would be the same orientation. If you post the exact make/manufacturer of your board, perhaps a member with the same board can tell you precisely.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.The board actually belongs to a friend who told me it came from an old LG IBM desktop (Korea). I've been poring all over for clues on the make but no success. There's no marking whatsoever anywhere near the battery socket (only a lot of tiny solders).Anyway, I plugged in a 2032 (that's all I have) and tried several positions and all resulted in corrupt CMOS data report at POST. I'm giving up and returning the board to my friend. I don't want to risk ruining the CMOS chip.Again, thanks.