Free Registry Mechanic 5.0

Rons

yeah.... Thanks Ron..... LOL
Hi Deb ! OK guys. I have to admit and give credit to Debora who posted this in the LG forum. BUT, it was so good I had to post it here. B)

"Can't read the source document" or "corrupted file" is the message I get when I try to download this program. I have tried about 15-20 times since yesterday using Firefox and IE with their downloaders and I tried using Core FTP. I'd like to have it, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. B)

"Can't read the source document" or "corrupted file" is the message I get when I try to download this program. I have tried about 15-20 times since yesterday using Firefox and IE with their downloaders and I tried using Core FTP. I'd like to have it, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards. :whistling:
It downloaded fine for me about 2 minutes ago. Try it again Charred.

No malware, removed AdBlock Plus, tried direct link, nothing works to get the download at that site. I don't know what makes this the case.I did get the download thru a friend and am most grateful, but there are other programs on that site I would like to have, so I still need to solve the problem.Is it possible that the MVPS host file could be blocking the download after it gets to about 200Kb?Just deleted the hosts file, rebooted and tried again with no luck.

Edited by Charred

Is it possible that the MVPS host file could be blocking the download after it gets to about 200Kb?
If it were blocked in the hosts file, you wouldn't even get the 200Kb.Maybe,Clear your browser's disk cacheand/orSTART> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disk Cleanup

Thanks for the help. I got around the problem by downloading and using Flashgot with Free Download Manager. I was then able to download Registry Mechanic and another program from that site.I'm still curious as to what is wrong between my machine and vnudownloads, but that is for another thread.

Cluttermagnet
Thanks for the help. I got around the problem by downloading and using Flashgot with Free Download Manager. I was then able to download Registry Mechanic and another program from that site.I'm still curious as to what is wrong between my machine and vnudownloads, but that is for another thread.
I tried and failed, too. Got about 180K from the top link, a little over 200K on the bottom link. Bah! :thumbsdown:I'd try the program if I could get my digital hands on it. Edited by Cluttermagnet

Died at 200K for me the first time. (link from post #9, or was it #1?)Tried to run what I got, but that failed.Then I tried to download again and it worked.Using XP Media Center Edition.Jim

Edited by jimupnord

I thought it was a site problem from the beginning; however, wanting to be sure I disabled everything I know about that might have interferred with the download...to no avail. Even Core FTP got knocked out. But Flashgot/Free Download Manager prevailed.This is the first site, in the 4 years I have been downloading, with which I have had a problem.

Link to program: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/216...stry-mechanic50You will also need to get the serial/license number emailed.Link for that: http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/free/promo/VNU0306
Hello RonsI found this on the register the free software site..Mel :whistling: Registration instructions for free version: Please check the email account specified for your free license. Please install Registry Mechanic from the cover disc that accompanied your recent magazine purchase. (The latest version from our website will NOT work for this) Open Registry Mechanic and click on Register Free (located on the top right hand corner) Enter your free license Click on the Register button As we can not provide technical support nor customization of your particular installation we advise that you keep a copy of the registration license provided to you in the event that you need to reinstall from the cover disc. Edited by mhbell

Maybe the promo ended but I gave an email address and this is part of the email I received from PCTools.

Thank-you for your interest in Registry Mechanic from PC Tools!Please save this message as it includes important license information and instructions on how to register your free copy of Registry Mechanic.Instructions to register Registry Mechanic--------------------------------------------Registry Mechanic is registered by clicking "Register" and entering the name and license key below into the evaluation version. Once valid license information is entered the program will then be activated. For detailed instructions please follow the steps below:1. Please note this license code will only work with the version of Registry Mechanic that you received with this promotion. Please install the program by double-clicking the setup file provided.2. Once installed, launch Registry Mechanic from the Start menu and when you see the main screen click on the "Register" button found on the top right-side.3. The registration screen will then be shown. Enter the name and license key exactly as shown below (copy & paste).
Then what followed was a name and license.

I have tried and tried several times per day over the past several days and I get it to completely download each and every time. I use Slimbrowser, and have had no problem at all.... wierd

Why is it that most folks who employ Registry Clearers have issues?
1. They are used improperly.2. They should not be used at all.3. They are really not necessary.4. They are used too often.5. All of the above.smiley-channel.de_technik014.gif

1. They are used improperly.2. They should not be used at all.3. They are really not necessary.4. They are used too often.5. All of the above.smiley-channel.de_technik014.gif
I don't think that any of the above really is the reason. although misused and deleting the wrong key can have undesired effects. some registry cleaners are really for someone who is knowledgable and an advanced computer user. (GEEK). :hysterical: I have used JV16 Power tools, Registry Mechanic, System Mechanic, EzCleaner, and reg clean without any problems on several different computers. I regulairly use JV16 well worth the price. I used the one that everyone in this thread is talking about yesterday without any problems. Of course I am sure that the type of computer and the hardware including security devices may have something to do with the problems some are having. I also build and configure my own computers...Mel :thumbsup: