LinuxCounter.net -- logged in today per my calendar reminder

Guest LilBambi

Nice :thumbsup:

I will update mine later as I am in the middle of setting up my new beast of a server:

HP Z800 Workstation

Two Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor 5500

96gb of ram

dual Nvidia Quadro 6000s

3x 15k rpm 400gb harddrives (in RAID)

https://www.cnet.com...e-series/specs/

I'll post about it later...

those are some impressive specs. what are you "serving" with all that capacity and horsepower?!

• Like 2

securitybreach

those are some impressive specs. what are you "serving" with all that capacity and horsepower?!

I do not know yet. Probably some KVMs and start learning some DevOps.

securitybreach

aha....a "build it, and they will come" mindset. I'm more of a "they came, I guess I should've built it" guy, but I admire the other mindset!

Well I didn't have to buy it.... I managed to talk my boss out of it as it was part of a couple of hundred going to disposal. Most of the time wipe certs and such go along with the machines but this was in the system as missing and was written off long before I got it. I could never afford one as they cost like 15k new (maxed out). Heck, refurbished base models go for 2k on ebay.

securitybreach

That's a whole lotta' 'puter there, kiddo.

Yeah I am still working on getting it set up as it's a server motherboard so different quirks I had to work through. I tried to disable the raid but had problems until I figured out that it was host based raid controller which means that it is built into the motherboard. So the main harddrives have to be in raid. That said, there are 14 sata ports but I will get into all that when I finish up and make a post.

Sorry to get off topic Fran