Major update of the Debian Administrator’s Handbook for Debian 8 “Jess

securitybreach

securitybreach

We’re pleased to announce the availability of “The Debian Administrator’s Handbook, Debian Jessie from Discovery to Mastery”.

We went through all the chapters to update the content so that it matches your experience with Debian 8 “Jessie“. We added new sections (covering systemd, AppArmor) and dealt with many requests of our most loyal readers who took the time to file a bug report with their suggestions and their fixes.

We hope that you will enjoy the result, browse it online or grab a copy (paperback/ebook). It should also be available as a Debian package (in Debian unstable but should be installable on any Debian system given that it has no dependencies).

As a special launch deal, you can get the paperback version with a 15% discount. Just click on this link and place your order before November 9th. Afterwards, the discount will be gone.

https://debian-handbook.info/2015/major-update-of-the-debian-administrators-handbook-for-debian-8-jessie/

• Like 3

securitybreach

COOL! I'll wait for the pirate copy. Just kidding... ;)

It's free on the site as well. You just have to glance around for the free link

• Like 1

Great resource. I had a quick browse and couldn't see anything about installing on UEFI system which is a regular issue at Debian forums. Is this a glaring omission or did I miss it somewhere? Otherwise invaluable. :thumbsup:

securitybreach

Great resource. I had a quick browse and couldn't see anything about installing on UEFI system which is a regular issue at Debian forums. Is this a glaring omission or did I miss it somewhere? Otherwise invaluable. :thumbsup:

Just searched the document and its starts on page 453 (B.3 in the Table of Contents).

V.T. Eric Layton

COOL! I'll wait for the pirate copy. Just kidding... ;)

It's free on the site as well. You just have to glance around for the free link

WOO-HOO! Got me that pirated copy!

aKkoMaE.png

• Like 1

The Debian Administrator's Handbook is also available via the Debian repos (I've gotten it from there in the past), but right now the Jessie version is in the sid (unstable) repos only. Stable and Testing still have the Wheezy version of the document. The package name is debian-handbook.

This is one case where I think it would be okay to enable sid just to download the document, then disable sid (and reload). I mean, if you're running Stable like me.

Definitely an excellent resource.

• Like 1