Hiya from the Big Easy`

securitybreach

securitybreach

Well I finally got everything situated after the big move to my cousin's house in Metairie, LA.

I moved here as there are a lot more opportunities than there were in the small city I lived in. Metairie is the suburb of New Orleans and is about 6 miles to Bourbon St so there are tons of jobs available, many in the technical field.

I was on mobile for a few days, which was a pain, but I got my new desk/chair last night and now I have everything set back up. The only issue is the internet is slow for some reason (weak signal on the line as I split the cable) so Cox is coming tomorrow to fix whatever is wrong. More than likely, they will have to run a new line to my room as I control the network from there now instead of where it was located.

Anyway the whole point of this thread was to let everyone know I am back after a small disruption.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks man

ebke = Elizabeth = lady... not "man" ;)

You have your avatars mixed up. Thought it was Amenditman or Abarbarian, huh?

I guess I can delete this pic of your old residence from my hard drive now, huh?

TYOLZxl.png

;)

Norlins.. :clap: .... Some guys have all the luck.......Wont be long till you are snowed under with work.........Congrats on the new crib.

That said we hope you will have a good elevation.for safety ' flood wise'

I control the network from there now

Didn't take long to get the really important things set up then :Laughing:

Whens the moving in party ?? :beer:

An I hope you have a comfy spare room :cool:

• Like 1

Norlins.. :clap: .... Some guys have all the luck.......Wont be long till you are snowed under with work.........Congrats on the new crib.

A little local knowledge from someone who grew up just a few blocks from where he is now living. His location is on what is know as The Metairie Ridge which is about 6' higher than the prevailing elevation. It didn't flood in either Katrina or Betsy.
  • Like 2

securitybreach

guess I can delete this pic of your old residence from my hard drive now, huh?

Yes you can Eric!

This part of New Orleans has a lot of money so the water was directed away from here. They call the town I live in (Metairie) "old money".

A little local knowledge from someone who grew up just a few blocks from where he is now living. His location is on what is know as The Metairie Ridge which is about 6' higher than the prevailing elevation. It didn't flood in either Katrina or Betsy.

Exactly!

I control the network from there now

Didn't take long to get the really important things set up then :Laughing:

Whens the moving in party ?? :beer:

An I hope you have a comfy spare room :cool:

I do and thanks. We were too exhausted from loading, driving and unloading to throw a party that day. We haven't went out yet but its coming.

• Like 2

securitybreach

Congrats and I wish you all kinds of good fortune in your Tech job hunt!

Thanks. I have but in my resume to like 15 companies in the last 4 days. Got one tech headhunter working on it too.

securitybreach

I have but in my resume

"I have but in my resume" "I have put in my resume" hope you proof read them B)

Good luck with the hunt.

I have and had Ian look at it too with me.