Calling all Highlanders, this is your chance to test your knowledge of another Winter Holiday, Kwanzaa!
1. What is the term for the seven principles of Kwanzaa?
A. Nagazo Suba
B. Nguzo Saba
C. Kwanzaa Saba
2. The candleholder that is used during the Kwanzaa celebration is called...
A. An African candelabra
B. A kinara
C. A black menorah
3. In creating the holiday, Maulana Karenga added a second "a" to the original Swahili word "Kwanza." Why?
A. So that observers would pronounce the word correctly.
B. A child in the first celebration wanted a cardboard letter to hold during the ceremony.
C. The letter stands for "all," because all African-Americans should unite when celebrating.
4. From which other celebration does Kwanzaa adopt much of its structure?
A. Hanukkah in Israel
B. Umkhosi in Zululand
C. Bembe Elegba in Cuba
5. What do the ears of corn, called "muhindi," in a Kwanzaa display represent?
A. Feeding one's soul
B. The nourishment that African heritage can give
C. Each child in a family
Winner gets choice of one of the following:
• ESET Smart Security for Windows
• ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows
• ESET Cybersecurity Pro for Mac OS X
• ESET Cybersecurity for Mac OS X
• ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop
• ESET Mobile Security for Android
Prize winners will need to provide a valid e-mail address and first and last name to be given to the software vendor for providing the license key and any necessary instructions.
Highlanders are only eligible to win one contest in the SNF Holiday Celebration. In the event the winner cannot use any of the licenses included in the package, they can gift it to a family member or friend. Contest winners will be contacted via PM (Private Message) to obtain the needed information.
All entries must be posted no later than the 12th day of Christmas, January 6, 2014 (this is to give folks that are too busy or traveling to visit the forums during The Holidays a chance to win too), after which time any additional replies will not be considered.
Admins and Mods are not eligible to play.