Calling all Highlanders, this is your chance to test your knowledge of another Winter Holiday, Chanukah!
1. What does the word "Chanukah" mean?
D. potato pancake
2. The best place to light the Menorah is:
A. outside your front door
B. in your front window
C. on your living room table
D. on your rooftop
3. Who is the Greek-Syrian leader that took harsh steps to destroy Judaism?
A. Alexander the Great
B. Antiochus Epiphanes
C. Julius Caesar
D. Judah Maccabee
4. On Friday afternoon, the menorah should stay lit for at least:
A. 18 minutes
B. 30 minutes
C. 48 minutes
D. 72 minutes
5. What is the name of the courageous Jewish woman who defied the Greeks and killed one of their generals?
Winner gets choice of one of the following:
• ESET Smart Security for Windows
• ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows
• ESET Cybersecurity Pro for Mac OS X
• ESET Cybersecurity for Mac OS X
• ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop
• ESET Mobile Security for Android
Prize winners will need to provide a valid e-mail address and first and last name to be given to the software vendor for providing the license key and any necessary instructions.
Highlanders are only eligible to win one contest in the SNF Holiday Celebration. In the event the winner cannot use any of the licenses included in the package, they can gift it to a family member or friend. Contest winners will be contacted via PM (Private Message) to obtain the needed information.
All entries must be posted no later than the 12th day of Christmas, January 6, 2014 (this is to give folks that are too busy or traveling to visit the forums during The Holidays a chance to win too), after which time any additional replies will not be considered.
Admins and Mods are not eligible to play.