testing time

zlim

Yesterday I noticed my post times were off. I'm checking to see how this compares to the clock time here in PA.Post time shows 11:10 when actual time is noon or 12:01. It must be server side error.

Edited by zlim

my clock says 10:00 PM EDT. thats GMT - 5 plus 1 for dst.edit...the post says 9:09.

Edited by cybormoron

Indeed the clock in is a confused state:

Your base time zone The time (including your current adjustment) is: Jun 23 2008, 07:22 AM DST Correction [ ] Auto correct DST? (If selected, your DST setting is automatically adjusted when you next load the board index)[X] Is daylight saving time in effect? (If you have selected the correct time zone and the clock appears an hour out, check or uncheck box to suit)
It is in fact 08:13. ( The Auto correct DST makes it 6:22 )I will have a look what I can do about it . . ;)UPDATE: I can not find the setting for it B):whistling: Bruno

Guest LilBambi

OK, let's see if I got it fixed... it is 6:35 AM EDT when I post, approximately.Nope...let me change that again.OK, where are we now, it is 6:40 AM EDT when I post, approximately.

Guest LilBambi

6:49AM EDTOK, I couldn't get the time to change in the Admin panel. That's weird.It is 2 HRS, 23 MIN OFF approx. And it won't take the offset either.I can adjust for the 2 hrs by going to Newfoundland time in my CP, but can't do anything about the 23 min. Either way, it's not an answer since I am EDT.

To steal a phrase from Chicago, "Does anyone know what time it really is?".Clock showing 2:32pm and my post time shows 1:41pm so it is still 51 minues slow for me.

Edited by zlim

Let me try. computer shows 1:28pmYES!Thank you Fran and Bruno! I do like the time to be fairly close.

Edited by zlim

Guest LilBambi

Yea! I had to take the offset out cuz it was doing weird things for different time zones.I guess Scot was able to get in touch with the web host to fix it on the web server.So glad it's finally right again!

• 1 month later...

bold italics underline colorany strikethrough? Sure is!Check time around 6:10 localThe things I use the most seem to be working properly.

Edited by zlim

How I added an extra hour to my day: Checked the box in board settings for Auto correct. :P Auto correct DST?(If selected, your DST setting is automatically adjusted when you next load the board index)With the Daylight Savings Time in effect box, time is correct for me.

Wellll ... not real easy ... switched to "rich text' ,, not sure what that does but .. what I wanted started to come together ... I am not sure why or what the effect of this is .. but in order to achieve what my last post looks like .. I sort of had to do it in order .. fonts first, then the size, then the color and finally the bold .. when I did it in the order top line first then second line it worked .. go figure ....