GIMP Magazine – Issue 1

securitybreach

securitybreach
A premier GIMP software magazine. GIMP is an image editing software package similar to Abobe® Photoshop®, but licensed as free and open source. The latest version of GIMP (2.8) has been downloaded over 6.5 million times in just two months which is an enormous user community. Various versions of GIMP have been downloaded well over an estimated 40 million times since 1997. GIMP Magazine features the amazing works created from an enormous community from all over the world. Photography, digital arts, galleries, step by step tutorials, master classes, help desk questions, product reviews, so much more are showcased and explored in this publication. Everyone is encouraged to submit their works for the magazine. This publication is available for free and is licensed Creative Commons CC-AT-SA 2.5. ISSN: 1929-6894...

http://issuu.com/gimpmagazine/docs/gimp_magazine_issue_1

• Like 1

Thanks sunrat for the link to download the mag.

I prefer to read in bits and pieces then go back and re-read to see if I understand something better and it is more convenient on the computer. (I sometimes read when I have no internet access while waiting for an appointment.)

securitybreach

Very nice - thanks for posting Securitybreach. Downloading the PDF now.

Did you guys notice the slew of resources available noted on their website?

http://gimpmagazine.org/resources/

No problem :thumbsup:

No, I did not look at the other resources on the website. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! B)

• 3 weeks later...

I found the online magazine to be a resource hog. Bordered on unusable for me. Turned it off after about a minute. How about a simple pdf, for gosh sakes?! As much as I love gimp, I hate this monstrosity. Too bad- the artwork and such looks very nice. I'd rather have stayed...

BTW in fairness to the designer, I'm running a copy of FF that has way too many tabs open and usually runs sluggush to begin with.

Edited by Cluttermagnet

See my post #2 for the URL to direct download a pdf.

Thanks! Much Better.

Nice magazine.

BTW I use gimp exclusively here for the little bit I need it.

Great utility, all I will ever need... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks! Much Better.

Nice magazine.

BTW I use gimp exclusively here for the little bit I need it.

Great utility, all I will ever need... :thumbsup:

Yes, Gimp is excellent and does everything I ever need for image editing. If it doesn't have it built in there's usually a plugin downloadable. I particularly recommend the gimp-plugin-registry package (that's what it's called in Debian anyway) which has essential batch processing functions and more.

As for the magazine, I thought it was a great first issue but hopefully in future it will include more tutorial type material as well as the features on artists' portfolios.

securitybreach

Yes, Gimp is excellent and does everything I ever need for image editing. If it doesn't have it built in there's usually a plugin downloadable. I particularly recommend the gimp-plugin-registry package (that's what it's called in Debian anyway) which has essential batch processing functions and more.

As for the magazine, I thought it was a great first issue but hopefully in future it will include more tutorial type material as well as the features on artists' portfolios.

Darn, it looks like Arch separates the packages:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=gimp-plugin&maintainer=&last_update=&flagged=&limit=50

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=gimp-plugin&do_Search=Go

I have not used Gimp very much but I would like to learn about all of its functions one day.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...