56 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   beeTee

beeTee

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:25 PM

I'm back in windows to see if it still works.  IT DOES.   So I have to call it a complete success, even though it didn't go exactly as I intended.  It wouldn't let me instal SuSE on my E: drive, so it's on d:  no biggie.I'm pooped, so it's time to walk the dog and hit the sack.

#52 OFFLINE   Peachy

Peachy

Anarquista De Sartorial

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:32 PM

Congrats!!! :unsure:

'freedom...is actually the reason that men live together in political organisations at all. Without it, political life as such would be meaningless. The raison d'Être of politics is freedom, and its field of experience is action'.
My Flickr Photo Blog Posted Image
del.icio.us bookmarks Posted Image

#53 OFFLINE   havnblast

havnblast

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:28 AM

Double Congrats!!Hope you can now try to incorporate into your daily life more and more each day.

#54 OFFLINE   zox

zox

Multithreader

• Forum MVP
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 07:11 AM

Congrats beeTee! :(

#55 OFFLINE   beeTee

beeTee

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:24 PM

Thank you all.

havnblast, on May 17 2003, 07:28 AM, said:

Double Congrats!!Hope you can now try to incorporate into your daily life more and more each day.
I get to use my computer at home very little.   So I plan to spend as much time as possible with SuSE, finding programs I like, getting the feel for it.  Learning directory structure and use, and putting the good advice contained in these pages to good use.  Maybe I can talk my bosses into daul-booting a machine here so we have a LINUX system to learn and play on. B) Just some notes for any of you thinking about taking the Linux plunge.  Installation (with SuSE) was a breeze.  Forget about the M$ crap of installing drivers and all that rebooting......  SuSE found all my hardware, had the drivers for them, and just went straight on through.  total time took about 30 minutes, including me stumbling through configuring my ISDN card.  But compared to** the ISDN card went in so simple, I could not believe it.  Once the machine re-booted, the desktop came up.  I connected to the internet first try.  Gotta love it!!Be BOLD!!  Jump right in.  NO....DIVE.  get your head wet!!   B)  B)

#56 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:33 PM

It´s nice to see someone so happy and full of desire to learn !  I think with the spirit you have, you could be able to convince your boss to dualboot. As far as I know the German governement is even promoting the use of Linux, so if you are using SuSE, a German product after all, they should rise your monthly pay with at least 10% tax-reduction :DB) Bruno

#57 OFFLINE   Prelude76

Prelude76

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:43 AM

congrats on the success!  it's a sweet looking OS, eh?I showed SuSE 8.2 to my older brother over the weekend, (he just runs XP) and he's like "I'm bringing my pC next weekend and you're putting this on mine!  this looks amazing!"Once I have the CDs, can I load it on another legally, since they have a free FTP install?  How free is Linux (notably SuSE's?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users