A useful VGA Converter

ZhaoDream

Recently I bought a VGA converter manufactured by AV TECH from Taiwan, and I think this product is quite good after using for a week. The price is cheap and lower than other VGA converters, but it's quality is much better than I expected. The image output on my LCD monitor is very sharp and clear, and the installation is very easy. No additional driver program is needed. In addition, it can also work with other image output devices, such as DVD Player, DV recorder...etc. The connection line can be extended up to 50m if needed. (I've done the testing and the image is still very clear within 40m without any distortion!) Below is the information for this VGA converter. If you have any interests, you can take a look :) http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_5_vga02.htm

I don't know how useful this can be as it is appears to be a direct connection to the monitor' 15pin connector.You can purchase similar video convertors that make use of PCI card as video input to the PC: that way your PC can still be connected to your monitor while you are viewing inputs thru the PC. These PCI cards can be purchased for under $10USD. SOme provide for both Video and S-Video input (from VCRs and such).The other option worth exploring is the availability of Video/Graphics cards that also have video inputs... unless you wish to join in the video streaming fray between your TV and PC via such hardware as SlingBox.The possibilities and choices for such chores are becoming an enormous task to keep on top of!